Electronic Arts has released the first Xbox 360 gameplay trailer for their upcoming Battlefield 3.
Author - Jerry Paxton
Wargaming.net has released several new screenshots from their upcoming online flight actioner, World of Warplanes. World of Warplanes will feature aircraft from the 1930’s all the way to the Korean War with tons of customizations available to players.
Electronic Arts and BioWare have announced Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin, a new DLC pack for their acclaimed Dragon Age II. The DLC pack will be released on October 11, 2011 and will give players new environments to explore as well as a new playable character voiced by none other than Felicia Day (The Guild, Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along-Blog).
Electronic Arts, 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games have announced three pre-order bonus items for customers pre-purchasing the upcoming Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
- The Destinies Choice Pack: Offers a unique “Twist of Fate” card to enhance the beginning of your gameplay experience, the Compass of Fate and three unique armor sets. Each armor set is tailored to a specific class which players will define and redefine during their time in Amalur.
- The Fate-Touched Weapons Pack: Players can enter battle as fully prepared as ever with an arsenal of rare Fate-Touched weapons including a longbow, hammer, staff, faeblades, daggers, scepter, chakrams, longsword and greatsword. The weapons will help satisfy every player’s combat style with Reckoning’s on-the-fly weapon swapping in combat to take down even the most dreadful of foes.
- The Ultimate Treasure Hunter Pack: For treasure hunters who will dive into every nook and cranny in the world of Amalur, the Dowsing Rod will seek out all reagents for concocting potions on your in-game map. A worthy companion tool for any adventurer, the Dowsing Rod will help players get the most out of their alchemy skill.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be available on February 7, 2012 in North America and on February 10, 2012 in Europe on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC.
Gamestop has announced that September 20, 2011 will be its official “Go Commando Day” over the release of Gears of War 3. Check out the full info below as the celebration includes tournaments, bonus trade-in credit, and more.
From the official statement:
With midnight event festivities kicking off in stores Monday at 10:00 p.m., Gears of War fans will have an opportunity to participate in Gears of War 2 tournaments, trivia challenges and other gaming revelry. In addition, GameStop will give away “I’m Going Commando” bumper stickers to the first 50 people in line at each of the Gears of War 3 midnight opening store locations.
Counting down to the epic launch, GameStop recently announced that the Gears of War 3 Season Pass is now available for pre-purchase at U.S. store locations and online at GameStop.com. The Season Pass includes four installments of upcoming Gears of War 3 downloadable content (DLC) for $29.99, a 33 percent savings compared to purchasing each piece of DLC individually. Customers can unlock the Liquid Metal weapon set immediately following Season Pass activation.
In addition, customers who trade in any pre-owned games towards the pre-order or purchase of Gears of War 3 or the Gears of War Season Pass will receive 30 percent extra in-store credit.
Konami has released some new information on their upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection pack, which is due out this Winter on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms.
New features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
・Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
・Stunning 1080p graphics
・60 frames-per-second graphics
・Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
・User interface rebalanced for HD
・Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
・Features Trophies on PS3® and Achievements on Xbox 360®
・Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
・TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP® version*
Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts have announced that the kid-friendly Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures MMO is now one year old. Also announced was that the game features 8 million registered players.
“LucasArts continues to be an excellent partner, giving our team unprecedented access so that we can continue to create a virtual world that expands beyond the storylines of the TV show in fun and creative ways,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “This Free-to-Play game truly extends the ‘Clone Wars’ experience for fans and presents varying gameplay options to accommodate all types of players so that they can enjoy this game in a way that suits them best. We are thrilled to have more than 8 million registered players so quickly and look forward to seeing our community and games continue to grow as season four kicks off.”
To celebrate this milestone, SOE will be offering a number of promotional in-game items and community events, including:
- 5000 Galactic Credits – Log in at least once from September 12 through September 16 to receive a one time grant of 5000 credits
- “Vigilance” and “Negotiator” – Log in on September 15 to receive the ‘Vigilance’, Captain Rex’s chrome plated pistol and the ‘Negotiator’, Captain Rex’s other chrome plated pistol