May 8, 2019 – Paradox Interactive has today revealed the second full-blood Vampire clan in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2: Tremere! The Tremere are knowledge-obsessed warlocks who unleash devastating blood magic against their enemies.
Check out this video to learn more about the Tremere, their motives, and see one of their abilities in action:
Often referred to as usurpers, hermetics, blood witches, or worse, the other vampire clans share a general distrust of the Tremere. Despite this, the other clans respect the sheer power of the Tremere’s blood magic, turning those willing to offer their services into valued, if uneasy, allies. Long before Seattle, the Tremere began as occultists who were seeking immortality. Even though they found a way to live forever, the price they paid bound their magic to blood. The origin of their curse is mostly forgotten but continues to color their interactions with other Kindred. The Tremere were not allowed in significant numbers in Seattle – until recently…
You can head over to the Paradox Interactive Twitch channel today at 9 a.m. Pacific (12 p.m. Eastern) where the Bloodlines 2 team will give a breakdown of the Tremere clan: https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.
The Tremere employ powerful blood magic to uncover secrets and unleash harrowing attacks. Players who join the Tremere’s ranks can unlock two new disciplines to expand their arsenal: Thaumaturgy and Auspex. Thaumaturgy is the Tremere’s signature blood sorcery which grants unparalleled destructive power. Auspex expands the Tremere’s senses beyond the boundaries of their bodies, ensuring nothing stays hidden to the Warlocks.
- Skewer – Launches a small portion of the vampire’s blood at the feet of their enemies, where it erupts in a patch of razor-sharp spikes. Once they dissolve, a stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Purge – Allows the vampire to make their victims vomit up blood, damaging them heavily. A stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Blood Boil – A master of Thaumaturgy may cast Purge for a second time on an affected NPC, causing the blood in their veins to sear. The wretch explodes within moments; bystanders in a large area are damaged. Blood from each victim streams back to the caster.
- Use of Thaumaturgy in front of witnesses is a Masquerade Violation.
- Aura Sense – Allows the vampire to spot NPCs even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals to keep them in their sights over long distances. It also allows the user to spot the weaknesses in a marked NPC’s attack and defense.
- Psychic Projection – Detaches the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they can explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Beyond that, the vampire’s mastery of their own senses has grown to such an extent that they can telepathically overwhelm the senses of others for a short while.
- Use of Auspex is not a Masquerade Violation.
Players who join the Tremere clan can use these disciplines in addition to the individual powers from their Thinblood past.