While at the 2011 Tokyo Games Show, Tecmo Koei and Team NINJA have announced that they are indeed developing Dead or Alive 5. DOA5 is due out next year on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms. The developers stated that they are marrying the traditional DOA fighting styles with new, MMA-based fighting styles for an interesting twist on the series gameplay. Additionally, they announced that the arenas in which these fights will take place are not only visual eye-candy but, also, interactive environments that fighters can take advantage of.
“It is exciting for us to officially let fans know that we’ve been working on DEAD OR ALIVE 5,” said Yosuke Hayashi, Team NINJA leader. “Our vision for this next installment is that of what we believe is the evolution of DEAD OR ALIVE which is to deliver a high quality, high energy action fighting experience that still keeps to its amazing spirit.”
Bohemia Interactive has announced that its forthcoming helicopter simulator, Take On Helicopters, will be released on October 27th, 2011 for the Windows PC platform. Additionally, if customers pre-order the game from one of BI’s digital distribution partners, they will get access to the game’s beta release to see what the helo-sim has in store for them.
Players of the new dictatorship-sim, Tropico 4, will be happy to note that a new patch (version 1.03) has been released for the game.
Patch Fix List
– Tutorial: Fixed game getting stuck in pause mode and accepting tasks
– Tutorial: Fixed a task auto-completing when accepting very quickly
– Fixed refresh rate selection in graphics options dialogue
– Fixed several infinite money exploits
– Fixed several localization errors
– Fixed bug with cancelling edicts preventing faction respect from dropping to zero
– Corrected salary for unemployed citizens when Social Security edict is active
– Character trait ‘Religious Zealot’ now properly decreases relations with Arab League
– Corrected fire station ‘Cat-in-tree’ work mode to properly boost housing quality in area of influence only
– Increased number of families living in shanties to two
– Restaurants now accept only citizens who can afford the service fee
– Fixed renaming a citizen when info panel is opened from Almanac
– Alternative building models can now be chosen with [ and ] during placement via keyboard shortcut
– Firing ministers and cancelling building prompts now pause the game to prevent instability
– Save/Load shortcuts to not work when there is an opened window which should not be closed
– Save/Load shortcuts now close some in-game UIs
– Fixed stuck UI when losing an election or island getting invaded
– When set to full screen mode, the game now minimizes when launching external challenge editor
– Fixed terrain error when buildings are constructed
– Fixed a foreign task incorrectly requiring Rum instead of Spiced Rum
– Fixed crash when building Aqua parks on high terrain
– Corrected free jobs display in Almanac, graph still shows year average values
– Corrected Mausoleum fee display in info panel
– Fixed problem with demolishing Customs Office
– Prevented faction disasters from starting simultaneously and never ending
– Fixed check for faction distaste end condition in two consecutive months
– Road construction and other in-game tools now close when activating construction via keyboard shortcut
– Removed industrial props from random map jungles
– Soldiers and Generals can now be hired during Street Riots (Nationalist faction disaster) or criminal shootouts
– Fixed tourists getting stuck in some buildings
– Fixed Presidente info panel text bugs
– Fixed crash after long terrain editing sessions
– Goods required by certain buildings will no longer be transported to the docks
– Improved docks info panel
– Removed save animation when saving player profile
– Fixed road cursor snapping problem resulting in overlapping roads
– Fixed building achievements unlocking by placing trees and decorations
– ‘Kill Juanito’ achievement does not trigger on special actions other than ‘Eliminate’ or ‘Arrange Accident’
– Population limit raised to 1500 (can your machine handle it?)
– Road element limit increased (extra budget for fixing potholes)
– Tropicans now enjoy long walks on the beach
Activision has released some new screenshots from their upcoming Spider-Man: Edge of Time, showing off Peter Parker in the Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Costume. Spider-Man: Edge of Time is due out on October 4, 2011.
Bethesda Softworks has released a new trailer for the upcoming Lonesome Road DLC pack for its action-RPG, Fallout: New Vegas. The expansion pack is due out on September 20th for 800 Microsoft Points (or $9.99) on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC platforms.
Turbine has released some new screenshots from their upcoming Lord of the Rings Online expansion, Rise of Isengard, showing off some of the new legendary weapons and class gear available to players brave enough to quest for this. The expansion is due out on September 27, 2011.
The Queen Mary has announced that construction has officially-commenced on their upcoming Dark Harbor, Halloween-themed attraction. This construction not only includes the event’s five haunted mazes, but also the cargo container centerpiece which shoots fire into the air at regular intervals.
“We are having fun with every maze and coming up with numerous changes and enhancements in themes,” said Director David Wally. “Plus, we’ll have 20 percent more performers this year, which means more scares for guests and even more bang for the buck.”
In addition to noting that several local bands and performances will also take place throughout the run, officials stated that the event’s storyling has been expanded to include several more key characters:
Additionally, an expansion of last year’s storyline will have mortals looking over their shoulders throughout the event. Fans may recall that Dark Harbor is populated by the souls ripped from the earth by Bundara – the all-powerful sadistic She-demon who controls the sea and the land along with her sisters, Searer and Mattenoot, and hatchet men, the Barkers. Last year, Bundara’s sisters suffered in exile because Bundara selfishly chose not to include them in her bacchanal. But this year, Searer and Mattenoot are out of exile and not happy to have missed out on last year’s carnage. Expect horrifying and entertaining interplay between the three sisters throughout each evening.
Rockstar Games has released the first official trailer for their highly-anticipated Max Payne 3. The game is due out in March of 2012 and promises to show a new side of Max, somewhat older and more world-weary.
Activision has announced a new edition of GoldenEye 007, dubbed the Reloaded Double ‘O’ Edition, exclusively for the PlayStation 3 platform. Both GoldenEye 007: Reloaded and the PlayStation 3 exclusive Double ‘O’ Edition bundle pack will be available at retail outlets nationwide on November 1, 2011.
“Working closely with Sony, we’ve created a great bundle that arms fans with all the vital secret agent equipment right off the shelf,” said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. “We can’t wait for gamers to pick up the PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter to experience a James Bond video game like never before.”
The good people at Blizzard Customer Support have opened up a nifty Youtube channel as another avenue of getting player issues handled as smoothly as possible. On the channel, you will find humorous video tutorials on things like, What to do after your account has been hacked, and a lot more.