Sony Interactive Entertainment España (SIE España) and Path Games just announced that its first-person horror adventure Insomnis will be released on PlayStation 5 on May 31st. A thrilling adventure set in a haunted mansion, Insomnis has been developed as a part of the PlayStation®Talents project. Insomnis will also have a physical edition, published by Meridiem Games, that will be available in European countries. The physical edition features a special cover, a set of memory playing cards that are also showcased in-game, plus a concept artbook that shows the whole creation process of Insomnis.
After a successful release last Halloween, Insomnis is also available on PlayStation 4 and on Steam. In the game, players will have to solve riddles and puzzles to uncover the hidden past of its main character, Joe Castevet. The game pays tribute to some of the great horror classics through environmental and narrative cues that will take players on an oneiric journey.
Things looked good when Joe Castevet inherited an old mansion. What he didn’t imagine was that the gift was actually a curse. The haunted Castevet mansion hides a dark secret and Joe will have to explore it to uncover his dark past using all kinds of items to solve puzzles and escape alive.
PLAYSTATION 5’s NEW FEATURES
- 4K graphics with better textures
- Faster loading times
- Dynamic shadows
- DualSense haptic vibration compatibility
- DualSense 3D audio
- Experience the eerie atmosphere of the Castevet Mansion, a place where dark secrets are hidden for those that are brave enough to uncover them.
- Every choice matters. Insomnis features a bunch of different endings so players will have to carefully choose how to move on in their game.
- Solve puzzles and riddles to beat the main story in a game that doesn’t feature any combat mechanics.