Developer Playmestudio and publisher Raw Fury have unveiled The Signifier: Director’s Cut, the definitive edition of 2020’s psychological tech-noir thriller featuring new story content, enhanced performance and visuals, and a variety of expanded features. Marking the game’s console debut, The Signifier: Director’s Cut will launch later this year on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC and Mac.
Here’s what’s coming in The Signifier: Director’s Cut:
- Expanded narrative content featuring new memories, dialogue and voice-over, three additional story endings, and a new epilogue giving greater insight to key characters and choices.
- Next-gen enhancements, including support for an average of 60 FPS at 4K and 100+ FPS at 1080p, as well as faster loading times and high-resolution textures.
- Improved performance and experience, including better load times and frame rate, revamped animations and UI, and optimizations for lower-end PCs.
- Bonus gameplay features, including a new difficulty setting for those purely interested in experiencing the game’s story, plus new menu tips, clues, and remappable controls.
- Free upgrade for anyone who owns The Signifier on Steam, GOG.com, or the Humble Store when the new title update launches!
The Signifier is a surreal first-person adventure that blends experimental investigation, psychology and artificial intelligence. When the vice president of the world’s largest tech company turns up dead in her home, it’s up to you to explore her memories and emotions with a revolutionary brain scanner to uncover what happened. Move freely between three dimensions — reality, objective memories and subjective feelings — searching for clues in mind-bending environments, discovering important revelations, solving puzzles, and putting the pieces together in pursuit of the truth.
For more information on The Signifier: Director’s Cut as it nears release, visit www.TheSignifier.com.