The SHOT Show in Las Vegas is the country’s biggest industry-only trade show for the firearms industry – not to mention a great location for companies to show off new airsoft guns and gear. This year was not different with the 2016 SHOT Show being home to such airsoft-specific companies as PTS, KWA, Classic Army, Umarex / Elite Force, and a plethora more.
My Highlights of the Show Included:
- KWA had a great showing with their prototype airsoft revolver as well as Thomson Sub-Machine Gun models – not to mention the upcoming gas blowback MP40 Sub-Machine Gun and keymod rail ERGs (Electric Recoil Guns).
- Out of all the airsoft companies at SHOT Show, the PTS booth featured the most realistic and functional-looking airsoft rifles, from Centurion Arms rail-equipped M4 ERGs to their upcoming Masada ERG (Electric Recoil Gun). They also had a ton of accessories on display like their Bad-Ass Selector Switch, Fortis Shift vertical grips, and Enhanced PTW gearbox shells.
- Umarex / Elite Force came to play with their prototype airsoft revolver and H&K VP9 gas blowback pistol. Also, they were showing off their highly-acclaimed G28 designated marksman rifle as well as new editions of their IWI licensed Tavor airsoft rifle.
- Classic Army USA was the airsoft breakout hit of the show with a huge lineup of new products – all of which look very promising. Their most secret announcement came in the form of the Scarab PDW style airsoft gun, but the company had a plethora of guns on display. From their line of AKs to the new M110 and even their epic minigun!
- Also worth noting was that Condor Outdoor, a favorite gear-maker among airsofters, showed of its upcoming Vanquish Armor System (VAS) which allows from front panel swap outs via Velcro and clips.