Developer Owned by Gravity and publisher Ulisses Spiele are excited to launch the next chapter of The Dark Eye with Forgotten Fables: Wolves on the Westwind, available now on Steam! Delve into the fantastical world of Aventuria in this narrative RPG where a dangerous myth turns out to be all too real. Inspired by nearly 40 years of lore and storytelling, Wolves on the Westwind is perfect for fans of fantasy epics, Choose Your Own Adventure stories and TTRPGs. Pick up Wolves on the Westwind on Steam for $19.99 / 17,99€.
Wolves on the Westwind invites players to take to the high seas in an epic tale of heroism. Play as the grizzled veteran warrior Alrik or the young wizard Nedime, tasked with saving their land from a grim fate at the hands of an ancient evil. Travel through the frigid paths of Thorwal, the windswept Northern region of the medieval-inspired Aventuria in a quest to find answers before it’s too late. Meet unique characters with diverse backstories and abilities. But be wary, as some alliances may prove more trustworthy than others. Fight action packed battles with outlaws and other mysterious foes. With high stakes come difficult choices – is it better to fight an enemy head on, or play it safe with a more diplomatic approach?
Complete with an atmospheric soundtrack, Wolves on the Westwind allows players to explore a variety of locations including remote villages, snow-capped mountains, and wild forests. Learn new skills as the mystery deepens and politics and mysticism collide. Make decisions to lead Alrik and Nedime through the story, unlocking new characters, branching storylines, and multiple endings along the way. RPG elements like health, mana, and the ability to perform spells and engage in combat allow for a more varied gameplay experience that can change outcomes with every playthrough. Use abilities like Alrik’s Battle Sense to gain the upper hand in combat, but be sure to conserve strength as to avoid depleting skills too early.
- Choose Your Own Adventure tale featuring 2 main characters to pick from and over 30 characters and scenes
- Set in Aventuria, the award-winning world of The Dark Eye RPG with 40 years of development history
- Replayable, branching storyline with several alternate endings and side quests depending on the player’s decisions
- 15 hours of content divided into several different narrative chapters
- An RPG-light layer with spells and maneuvers, mana and stamina
- Beautiful soundtrack and artwork evoking an epic medieval fantasy world
- A deluxe edition is also available on Steam that includes the base game plus an exclusive artbook, the analog solo adventure The Vampire of Havena, and the official game soundtrack
- Steam Deck compatibility