Independent games development studio 3DIVISION has today released Content Update #9 – Crime and Justice – for the Early Access version of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, the real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon game set in an imaginary communist country in Eastern Europe.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is the ultimate real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon game. Construct your own republic and transform a poor country into a rich industrial superpower!
Content Update #9 introduces a new Crime and Justice system along with three new buildings – Police Station, Regional Court and Prison. Players can decide if they wish to play this new system, disable it or lower the difficulty level, similar to the fires and seasons features. Crime and Justice will have an impact on the overall happiness and health of your citizens and will be affected by the overall government loyalty and unemployment.
Every citizen will have a hidden Criminality preference which will be randomly generated and if crimes are not solved, it will cause a growth in crime rates across the Republic. Low government loyalty and high unemployment will also have an impact on the overall crime rate. Crime will be categorised in three groups; Mild, Medium and Serious and if a crime is committed, all the people in that area will be affected depending on the seriousness. Citizens’ happiness will slowly decrease and their health may also diminish if the crime causes harm to them or other people.
When a crime is committed the police will attend the crime scene. The sooner the police vehicle arrives, the better the chance to successfully investigate the crime. Once the police process the evidence the investigation will continue and only when fully investigated and the perpetrators arrested will it proceed to the Regional Court where the trial begins. If the trial is successful, the criminal will be sent to prison.
The prison will need the highest possible security level in place so if there are not enough workers, the security level will go down. The more loyal the prison workers, the more secure the prison will be. Resources such as food and clothes will need to be delivered into the prison, and as it will not have a factory connection due to security risks, these items will need to be delivered by trucks. Inmates can be used as a workforce with prison buses transporting them to factories or other industrial facilities directly. Players must choose which in industries to bring prisoners to ensure the long term security of the production line.
The Crime and Justice update will add a new layer of complexity to the overall game experience, should players wish to take on the challenge. It also provides more reasons to keep the unemployment rate low and the citizen loyalty high.
Aside from the new Crime and Justice mechanics, the new update also adds the long awaited railway distribution office. Unlike classic rail schedules and lines, all the player needs to do is connect the source and destination buildings and the railway distribution office automatically decides when and where to deploy the trains and how many cars they should have for the job at hand.
Content Update #9 features:
- Three new buildings available – Police Station, Regional Court and Prison.
- Criminality added to citizen behaviour adding a new layer of complexity and challenges for players to manage.
- Criminality feature difficulty levels can be managed or even switched off by the player.
- Additional duty vehicles such as police cars are now available.
- Long-awaited railway distribution office has been added.
- Many other gameplay and mechanics improvements.
Workers & Republic: Soviet Republic game features:
- Manage all aspects of your own republic with a planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens too.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinemas, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need … or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the 60’s to the 90’s.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money; or you can build a self-sufficient republic; or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.