NeocoreGames is delighted to announce that King Arthur: Knight’s Tale’s summer update is out now, adding the sixth playable class, the Sage, to the game. The turn-based tactical game’s Early Access summer update also includes brand new features, such as controller support and difficulty modes.
We’re also releasing the first part of our Knight’s Tale video series, to take a look at how we are creating the game and what our players can expect moving forward.
The video includes:
- A glimpse at the combat system of Knight’s Tale
- How tactics shape battles
- Morality and its role in an immoral world
- The RPG-inspired character progression
The game’s summer update is also looking to shake up things around Avalon, with features such as:
- A brand new class, the Sage: Sages are experts at providing utility for their team using frost-based magic, including protective barriers and ice walls
- Controller support: So that players can kick back on the couch and enjoy the journey across the Once and Future King’s land
- Difficulty settings: For those looking for more challenge, or to experience the game as more of a story
- New abilities for existing characters and classes: To provide more options for Knight’s Tale’s veterans
- And more…
Further details about the patch are available in the patch notes over here.
Set in a dark fantasy world based on the Arthurian myth (and our previous King Arthur strategy games), this Tactical / RPG hybrid begins right after the famous battle of Camlann, with a twist:
You are Sir Mordred, the nemesis of King Arthur, the former black knight of the grim tales. You killed King Arthur, but with his dying breath, he struck you down. You both died – and yet, you both live.
The Lady of the Lake, the ruler of the mystical island of Avalon brought you back to end a true nightmare. She wants you to go on a knightly quest. She wants you to finish what you have begun. Kill King Arthur – or whatever he has become after she took his dying vessel to Avalon.