LOS ANGELES, March 22, 2018 – Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced schedule changes for 2018 that will increase the total number of events to 16 as well as move several shows to alternate dates and locations during the year. Three cities ( Winston-Salem, N.C., Springfield, Mo., and Montgomery, Ala.) will see inaugural events; the Tour will return to Tulsa, Okla., Austin, Texas, and Sacramento, Calif.; and the Madison event will be held later in the year.
The summary of the new events is as follows:
- New show in Winston-Salem, N.C., August 3-5, Benton Convention Center
- New show in Springfield, Mo., October 26-28, University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
- New show in Montgomery, Ala., November 9-11, The Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
- Return to Tulsa, Okla., September 7-9, Cox Business Center (moved from Oklahoma City, originally scheduled Oct. 26-28)
- Return to Austin, Texas, September 21-23, Austin Convention Center (event was not on original 2018 schedule)
- Return to Sacramento, Calif., October 5-7, Cal Expo (event was not on original 2018 schedule; previously this event was held at Sacramento Convention Center)
- Madison, Wis., moved to November 30-December 2, Alliant Energy Center (originally scheduled Sept. 21-23)
The full Wizard World 2018 schedule can be found at: https://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.