March 5, 2018 – StarCraft officially turns 20 on March 31, 2018, and all throughout the month, we’ll be celebrating this epic milestone alongside our epic community of players. Revisit the saga that introduced the world to iconic characters like Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, and Zeratul, and helped set the stage for esports as we know them today.
- SC20 Short Video Feature. We’re debuting StarCraft Is Life: A 20th Anniversary Celebration on March 31, a short film featuring interviews with StarCraft players from around the world, who share how the series has impacted their lives in profound ways.
- StarCraft Anniversary Live Stream. Join us on March 30 and 31 for a live celebration of StarCraft’s 20th Anniversary featuring your favorite StarCraft personalities old and new. Tune in on Twitch during the stream to earn a commemorative console skin. Earn even more StarCraft II goodies by watching StarCraft on Twitch throughout the entire month!
- Party Across Games. It may be StarCraft’s birthday, but all our universes are joining in on the celebration. During the month of March, we’re giving out all kinds of exclusive bonuses and goodies when you log into your favorite Blizzard games.
- StarCraft II: Celebrate StarCraft’s anniversary by logging into StarCraft II and earn Remastered Terran, Zerg, and Protoss console skins, a 20 Years of StarCraft portrait, 20 Years of StarCraft login achievement, and 20 Years of Terran, Zerg, and Protoss decals. Select StarCraft items II will also be on sale from March 6 through March 20.
- StarCraft Remastered: Show your StarCraft 20th anniversary love by logging in and getting a cool new console skin. StarCraft Remastered will also be on sale from March 6 through March 20.
- Heroes of the Storm: Entering the fray will earn you a Protoss, Zerg, and Terran portrait and will test your mettle in StarCraft-themed Brawls. A new Hero from the StarCraft universe will also be coming to the Nexus soon!
- Diablo III: Call down the Hyperion to Tristram—in a manner of speaking—with the new Battlecruiser pet.
- World of Warcraft: WoW players can stand up and be recognized when they /salute one of the following StarCraft-themed companion pets: Zergling, Grunty, Mini Thor, Baneling, or Zeradar.
- Overwatch: One of the Dominion’s deadliest Ghosts meets Talon’s ruthless assassin with the new Kerrigan Widowmaker skin.
- Hearthstone: Get ready for a StarCraft-inspired Tavern Brawl later this month.
For more information on how each Blizzard game will be celebrating StarCraft, when you can get your hands on these exclusive bonuses and goodies, and for news on all things related to the StarCraft 20th Anniversary, head over to www.starcraft2.com/sc20.
Since its debut in 1998, StarCraft has become widely recognized as one of the most acclaimed and influential real-time strategy series ever made, with over 20 million units sold. The game also established itself as a fixture of global esports, with millions of players still watching top pros like Sasha “Scarlett” Hostyn compete in the StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS).