October 4, 2017 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the world-renowned Mortal Kombat franchise this October with a variety of events and in-game activities.
Celebrate 25 Years of Mortal Kombat Panel – New York Comic Con
- Sunday, Oct. 8, 1:30-2:30 pm, Javits Center, Room 1A24
- Show attendees are invited to join a panel that includes the original team that developed the first Mortal Kombat game: Ed Boon, John Tobias, Dan Forden and John Vogel. Moderated by Geoff Keighley, they will discuss the early days of the franchise, the evolution of the brand, and the series’ lasting impact on the games industry and pop culture.
Raiden Now Available for Injustice 2
Just in time for Mortal Kombat’s 25th anniversary, Raiden, the eternal God of Thunder is the newest addition to the Injustice 2 character roster. Players who purchased the Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition, Injustice 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Injustice 2 Ultimate Pack or Fighter Pack #2 can play now as Mortal Kombat’s protector of Earthrealm or as Black Lightning, a brand new Premiere Skin that accompanies the Raiden DLC.
NetherRealm Studios’ Mobile Games Mortal Kombat 25th Anniversary In-Game Content
- On October 5, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Injustice: Gods Among Us and WWE Immortals for mobile devices will receive Mortal Kombat anniversary in-game content introducing new and exciting characters for players to collect.
- Injustice 2 for mobile adds Mortal Kombat’s God of Thunder Raiden, allowing players to battle the deity in Challenge Mode. Raiden can be won in premium chests or purchased directly in a special offer.
- Mortal Kombat X for mobile adds Shao Kahn the Konqueror in full Diamond tier regalia. Players can also step up and battle against two new versions of Goro, the four-armed undefeated champion for 500 years. In addition, fans can gear up for intense raid-style combat in the all new Relic Hunt feature.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile adds the dangerous assassin Scorpion to its line-up.
- WWE Immortals pays homage to Mortal Kombat as WWE Superstar Xavier Woods suits up as classic Mortal Kombat character Raiden.
Mortal Kombat X 25th Anniversary Living Towers
Mortal Kombat X is unveiling new Living Tower challenges through Oct. 9 that are themed to previous Mortal Kombat releases: Mortal Kombat 1-4, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and Mortal Kombat (2011).
Please feel free to share the news with your readers, and let us know how else we can assist you in your coverage.