June 6, 2016 – The public demo of SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell is now out on Steam for PC, Mac & Linux! To give that incredible mix of Super Meat Boy, Quake 3 and Portal gameplay styles a try, just grab the demo here on Steam. You can also find it as a direct download on itch.io.
Run, jump, fly and teleport through 10+1 deadly arenas – each more devilish than the last. Alternatively, find each level’s hidden beer cans, or discover a few awesome (and of course, hidden) Easter eggs.
About SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is the world’s only competitive heavy metal first-person platformer. Like an unholy child of Quake 3 and Super Meat Boy, SEUM is truly hardcore and focuses on speed and fast reactions. Race across and jump over platforms and bounce pads while shooting fireballs as you battle to reach an exit portal in the mimiumum amount of time. Reverse time and gravity. Compete with all players for top times in the online high score ladder. Only the toughest players will receive the Uber Skull medals!
If mind-blowing speed and adrenaline blasting its way through your body seems too boring for your speed running blitzkrieg, then search for the beer cans hidden in each level. Who knows which secrets can be discovered by finding all of these delicious refreshments?
- Can’t get much more old school than this!
- 100 levels, each more devilish than the last, with secrets around every corner.
- Shoot fireballs, reverse gravity, teleport and dodge obstacles to solve challenges.
- Leaderboards in each level so you can see how you fare against your friends (and enemies).
- Original soundtrack that’ll have you tearing through the levels with blazing speed.
Warning: SEUM has been known to cause leaning disease. Symptoms are irrational leaning forward towards your screen when making difficult jumps. Smashing monitors with your head is not a way to beat the game!