TORONTO – September 8, 2015 – Enthusiast Gaming Live Inc. today announces that Canada’s largest video game expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX), will debut November 13-15 at the International Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. The three-day annual event will bring together gamers, industry professionals and gaming personalities to celebrate games, gamers and the video game lifestyle. EGLX’s main feature will be an exhibitor hall filled with upcoming video games from AAA publishers and some of the top indie developers as well. Exhibitors, speakers and showcased games will be revealed in a forthcoming announcement and in the meantime attendees can purchase advanced tickets and badges by visiting: http://eglx.ca/tickets/
The EGLX hatched from a joint venture between Enthusiast Gaming and Metroland Media Group. Enthusiast Gaming launched roughly three years ago as a basement start-up and has since attracted millions of gamers online and thousands of attendees at local gaming events in Toronto. Noticing a lack of any major gaming expo in Canada, the group sought to find a major strategic partner and aligned with Metroland due to its extensive publishing reach, focus on community and expertise in the consumer show arena.
Along with an exhibitor hall, EGLX will also offer a bevy of events, including:
- Tournaments – Compete in more than 30 games with over $100,000 in total prizes
- Talks and Lectures – Learn from those in the industry, including keynote speaker Patrice Desilets, the creator of the Assassin’s Creed franchise and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
- Gaming Celebrity Meet and Greets – Meet developers, artists and other gaming personalities that make the industry shine
- Tabletop Arena – Get unplugged with pen and paper, card, and board games
- Kids Zone – Family fun for everyone 12 and under
- Marketplace – Pick up new and classic games, equipment and special collector’s items
- Cosplay Competition – Dress to impress celebrity cosplay judges to win prizes
“Canada has a storied history of video game development and the gamers here have longed for their own major video game festival,” said Menashe Kestenbaum, Enthusiast Gaming Inc. CEO. “With the debut of EGLX, Canadian gamers finally have a place to connect with each other and celebrate what makes games and the gaming lifestyle so much fun. We believe the festival goes beyond just playing games and will offer something for every attendee.”
EGLX will consist of more than 10 lectures, panels and talks with leading industry professionals. At this time there are still select openings for speaker submissions and those interested in speaking at EGLX can submit at http://eglx.ca/contact-us/. Additionally, those interested in sponsorship or booth opportunities can go tohttp://eglx.ca/exhibitors/.
For the latest information on the Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo please visit the official website or follow EGLX on Twitter or Facebook.