BERLIN (IFA), Germany – Razer™, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the complete re-design of the popular Razer Orochi notebook gaming mouse. The Razer Orochi features the world’s most precise mouse sensor for on-the-go gaming.
Retaining the name of its predecessor, the new Razer Orochi features the latest in sensor and battery technology to give gamers pinpoint accuracy and more than double the playing time in wireless mode. Complimenting this overhaul, Razer has also added Chroma lighting, dual mode connectivity and a completely re-engineered shell.
At the heart of the new Razer Orochi is a 4G, 8200 DPI laser sensor – the highest DPI sensor ever fit into a mobile gaming mouse. The result is pinpoint tracking for incredible accuracy and movement speeds of up to 210 inches per second with 50 G acceleration, making the Razer Orochi ideal for every game and play style, from fast reaction FPS gameplay to high-accuracy MOBAs.
By utilizing the latest in Bluetooth Low Energy technology, the new Razer Orochi has more than double the battery life with over 60 hours of continuous gaming use – or 7 months of normal use – from a single charge. It is ideal for wireless notebook use with a polling rate of 125 Hz, which increases to 1000 Hz when used in wired mode.
“With the recent advances in sensor and Bluetooth technology, it was time for us to bring the Orochi up to date, which involved a complete redesign of the entire mouse,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “We’ve retained the portable form factor and added rubberized side grips, but on the inside is where the big changes have happened. This is a whole new feature-packed mobile gaming mouse.”
The new Razer Orochi also features Razer’s industry leading Chroma lighting, giving users the choice of 16.8 million color options with which to customize their mouse. As with previous Chroma products, customizing the Razer Orochi is achieved within seconds through Razer Synapse, Razer’s cloud-based hardware configurator. The new Razer Orochi’s Chroma lighting effects are able to sync across other Razer Chroma peripherals, which include keyboards, a headset and a mouse mat.
By connecting the Razer Orochi with Razer Synapse, users are able to customize their lighting settings, calibrate their Razer Orochi to the surface they are using, assign macros and functions to the seven mouse buttons, and save all their settings to the cloud for use no matter where they are.
*Battery life depends upon usage.
- Dual wired/wireless Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- 1,000 Hz Ultrapolling (Wired) / 125 Hz Ultrapolling (Wireless)
- 1 ms response time (Wired) / 8 ms response time (Wireless)
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity adjustment
- 8200 DPI 4G laser sensor
- 210 inches per second / 50 G acceleration
- Battery life: Approximately 60 hrs. (continuous gaming) or 7 months (normal usage)
- Ambidextrous form factor with textured rubber side grips
- Chroma lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- Inter-device color synchronization
- Seven independently programmable buttons
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 1 m / 3.28 ft. braided fiber USB charging cable
- Approximate size: 99 mm / 3.90 in. (Length) x 67 mm / 2.64 in. (Width) x 35 mm / 1.38 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 110 g / 0.24 lbs.
- 2 x AA batteries
*Actual battery life depends upon specific usage and other extrinsic factors.
- PC or Mac with a free USB port
- Windows® 10/ Windows® 8/ Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit)/ Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Bluetooth® Smart Ready
- Internet connection
- 100 MB of hard disk space
- Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
Price: US: $69.99 /EUR: €84.99
Worldwide: October 2015