San Diego, CA – June 11, 2015 – Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), the leading-edge audio technology company and #1 in gaming audio, announced today a selection of new headsets for the latest gaming systems will be showcased at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles at Booth #1347 in the South Hall of the L.A. Convention Center from June 16-18, 2015.
In true Turtle Beach form, the Company’s new lineup includes a variety of high-quality headsets that deliver the most immersive and competitive gaming experience, with a range of features and price points catering to gamers’ varied desires and budgets. E3 attendees will be among the first to check out the EAR FORCE® Stealth 420X – the Company’s third officially licensed 100% fully wireless gaming headset designed for Xbox One, the EAR FORCE PX24 multiplatform gaming headset that comes with Turtle Beach’s innovative EAR FORCE SuperAmp™ battery powered in-line amplifier, and the EAR FORCE Stealth 450 wireless PC gaming headset with premium features like Superhuman Hearing™ and DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound. The Company’s E3 lineup also includes new additions to its entry level EAR FORCE Recon series gaming headsets, each featuring a new lightweight and comfortable design and convenient in-line controls.
Additionally, Turtle Beach will be holding select demonstrations of its groundbreaking hearing healthcare device – HyperSound Clear™, which uses the Company’s patented directional audio technology to deliver rich, 3D sound to the targeted listener to improve sound clarity and speech intelligibility for individuals with hearing loss – for a crisp, clear home entertainment listening experience when watching TV, listening to music and playing video games.
“2015 continues our trajectory of leadership in gaming headsets,” said Juergen Stark, CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. “Late last year we pioneered the category for fully wireless Xbox One gaming headsets with the launch of the Stealth 500X, which continues to be one of this year’s best-sellers. We’ve now followed that up with our most pre-ordered wireless headset – the Elite 800X, and again with today’s announcement of the Stealth 420X as our third fully wireless Xbox One headset with a suite of high-quality features for under $200.”
Stark continued, “We’re also unveiling eight new high-quality gaming headsets with innovative features like the PX24’s SuperAmp that delivers powerful sound from any connected device and adds features like surround sound and our amazing Superhuman Hearing capability. And I can’t wait for people to experience HyperSound Clear , which we believe will change the way people with hearing loss and their family and friends enjoy the latest home entertainment when it launches later this year. Whether you have or know somebody with hearing loss or simply love to see the latest groundbreaking technology, there’s nothing else like it available and you have to hear it to believe it.”
Show attendees who stop by Turtle Beach Corporation’s E3 booth will be able to get a first look at the Company’s new 2015 lineup of gaming headsets, which includes:
- EAR FORCE Stealth 420X Wireless Xbox One Gaming Headset – The EAR FORCE Stealth 420X is Turtle Beach’s third 100% fully wireless officially licensed gaming headset designed for Xbox One. The Stealth 420X is completely wireless for both game and chat audio, meaning no wires to the controller or Xbox One, and features booming 50mm speakers and an updated headset design with perforated, synthetic leather-wrapped ear-cups for added comfort. The Stealth 420X includes an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic with Mic Monitoring and separate game and chat audio volume controls. Additionally, the Stealth 420X comes with four Turtle Beach audio presets and a rechargeable battery delivering up to 15 hours of use for those long Xbox One gaming sessions. The EAR FORCE Stealth 420X is planned to launch July 18, 2015 for a MSRP of $179.95, and will be available for pre-order starting later today at www.turtlebeach.com.
- EAR FORCE PX24 Amplified Multiplatform Gaming Headset – Built on Turtle Beach’s best-selling X12 and PX22 headset design, the EAR FORCE PX24 is a multiplatform gaming headset for PlayStation 4, Xbox One1, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices, and features Turtle Beach’s all-new, innovative EAR FORCE SuperAmp battery powered in-line amplifier that delivers crisp highs and thundering lows to the PX24’s 50mm speakers. The SuperAmp also includes convenient fingertip controls allowing listeners to tune the headset to their preferred gaming platform, and provides audio enhancements like Superhuman Hearing, Variable Bass Boost, Turtle Beach Virtual Surround Sound and Variable Mic Monitoring. The PX24 also features an adjustable, high-sensitivity boom mic. The EAR FORCE PX24 is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $79.95.
- EAR FORCE Stealth 450 Wireless Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset – A 100% fully wireless PC gaming headset with large 50mm speakers, the EAR FORCE Stealth 450 features DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound and custom DTS Surround Sound modes combined with four Turtle Beach audio presets to further immerse fans in their favorite games, movies and music. The Stealth 450 also includes Superhuman Hearing, which gives players the competitive advantage of hearing enemies before they come into view, as well as Variable Mic Monitoring, an adjustable high-sensitivity boom mic that can be removed when watching movies and listening to music, and a rechargeable battery delivering up to 15 hours of use. The EAR FORCE Stealth 450 is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $129.95.
- EAR FORCE Recon 60P Gaming Headset – An amplified digital stereo headset for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation®3, the EAR FORCE Recon 60P plugs directly into an available USB port to deliver amazing sound and Mic Monitoring, and features 40mm speakers and a brand new over-ear design for added comfort. The Recon 60P comes with an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic, plus convenient in-line Volume and Mic Mute controls, and is multiplatform compatible2 for Xbox One1, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices in addition to the PS4™ and PS3™. The EAR FORCE Recon 60P is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $49.95.
- EAR FORCE Recon 50 / Recon 50X / Recon 50P Gaming Headsets – The EAR FORCE Recon 50 series gaming headsets are multiplatform compatible for PC and Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and mobile/tablet devices, and feature a brand new, lightweight over-ear design with 40mm speakers built for great sound and extended comfort. The Recon 50/50X/50P comes with an adjustable and removable high-sensitivity boom mic and convenient in-line controls for Volume and Mic Muting. The Recon 50 also includes a PC-Y adapter3 for universal PC, Mac and mobile/tablet compatibility. The EAR FORCE Recon 50, EAR FORCE Recon 50X and EAR FORCE Recon 50P gaming headsets are planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $39.95.
EAR FORCE Recon 30X Chat Headset – Featuring an original, innovative slotted ear-cup design, Turtle Beach’s EAR FORCE Recon 30X is an officially licensed chat headset for Xbox One, and also works with PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and mobile/tablet devices. The Recon 30X comes with convenient in-line Volume and Mic Mute controls, and features a single 40mm over-ear speaker with a unique, slotted design enabling players to hear game audio with both ears for a much better audio experience. The EAR FORCE Recon 30X is planned to launch later this year for a MSRP of $24.95.
In addition to its all-new lineup of gaming headsets, Turtle Beach Corporation will also be showing its groundbreaking HyperSound Clear hearing healthcare device.
- HyperSound technology is a fundamentally new approach to sound delivery that utilizes thin panels to generate an ultrasound beam that carries audio through the air. The panels direct sound in a narrow, controlled beam; much the way a flashlight directs a beam of light. When an individual enters the beam, they hear immersive 3D audio, similar to wearing a surround sound headset. HyperSound Clear speakers have been shown to improve sound clarity and speech intelligibility in individuals with hearing loss. Researchers estimate that one in five Americans, and one in three people over age 65, suffer from hearing loss. Impacting over 48 million Americans, hearing loss is the third most common chronic physical condition in the United States. An estimated 360 million people worldwide suffer from some form of hearing loss, and HyperSound Clear is on the verge of offering a new way for people with hearing loss to once again enjoy home entertainment.
For more information on the latest Turtle Beach gaming headsets and accessories, visit www.turtlebeach.com and be sure to follow Turtle Beach on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more information on HyperSound, please visit www.hypersoundhearing.com.