Arlington, VT, July 9, 2014 — Acclaimed by both modern warfare specialists and wargaming enthusiasts, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations has swept the awards since its release last September, including the Usenet’s Wargame of The Year 2013 and the gold medal for Grogheads Game of the Year 2013 readers’ award. Developers Warfare Sims (www.warfaresims.com) have not rested on their laurels though as they have been working on several updates since the release of the game. These patches, including the newest 1.04 released today, have included a whole host of new features, improvements on the simulation engine and user interface, bug fixes and a veritable avalanche of database updates and additions.
To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download it directly from this link.
Here is the list of some of the major improvements implemented in this new version. Check the full list of changes by reading the dedicated post on our forum:
- Configurable strike auto-planner. Your planes plot intelligent paths for their missions (complete with multiple off-axis ingress and egress lines, split-to-attack and form-up waypoints, suitable altitudes for each leg etc.). As always you can tweak the strike plan to perfection.
- An extensive array of UI enhancements such as wireframe-only map view, selection-only range symbols, new hotkeys, menu list for quick-jump slots, additional information on the database viewer, configurable ghosted-unit visibility, configurable plotted course visibility, one-click jump to unit mission, single-icon enemy groups and more.
- AI and mission editor additions such as configurable sprint-and-drift, optional prosecution areas for patrols (goodbye fainted drawn-out patrol assets and edge-of-envelope SAM shots, hello true SAM-ambushes!), new doctrine options and more.
- Improved simulation mechanics such as multiple cloud conditions, refined offboard-sonar modelling, ABM/ASAT guidance refinements, realism improvements for anti-missile engagements, longer-range AI torpedo shots and more.
- Significant performance & stability improvements.
- A mile-long list of database additions including future Virginia SSGN versions, Tomahawk MMT, M982 Excalibur guided 155mm artillery, KC-46 tanker, MC-130 with the BLU-82 “Daisy Cutter” & GBU-43 MOAB mega-bombs, Chinese “High New” C4-ISR series, the entire Ukraine naval OOB, Oscar-III SSGN, JLENS, tons of Vietnam-era units, hypothetical systems like the F-19A, A/F-117X, Boeing 747 ALCM carrier and generic CATOBAR mini-carrier, and much more.
Get more information on Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations from its official product page.