Official Specs and Features
RADEON R9 280X SPECS
- Graphics Engine: RADEON R9 280X
- Video Memory: 3GB GDDR5
- Memory Interface: 384bit
- DirectX® Support: 11.2
- Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
- Core Speed: 850MHz (1000MHz Boost)
- Memory Speed: 1500MHz x4 (6Gbps)
- DVI Output: DL DVI-I
- VGA Output: Using DVI to VGA Adapter
- HDMI Output: HDMI (Video/Audio)
- DisplayPort Output: DP (Video/Audio)
- UEFI Ready: Support
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
- 750W (or greater) power supply with one 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connector and one 75W 6-pin PCI express power connector recommended. 800W power supply (or greater) with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors and two 75W 6-pin PCI express power connectors recommended.*
- Minimum 4GB of system memory.
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
- DVD playback requires DVD drive.
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive.
- Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system.
GCN Architecture: A new design for AMD’s unified graphics processing and compute cores that allows them to achieve higher utilization for improved performance and efficiency.
AMD App Acceleration: AMD App Accelerator creates a “co-processing” environment in which the compute processing potential in your AMD Radeon™ graphics processor works together with the system central processor, to accelerate enabled applications.
AMD CrossFire™ Technology: This multi-GPU support offers superior scalability, which increases your gaming performance by up to 2 times.
AMD HD3D Technology: The AMD Radeon R7 250 supports the latest stereoscopic 3D content and display technologies. Allows you to play 3D games, watch Blu-ray 3D videos, and edit 3D photos on your 3D Monitors, TV, or projector.
AMD HD Media Accelerator: Assumes rendering responsibility for HD encode (VCE)/decode (MPEG-4 ASP, H.264. MVC, MPEG2, etc.) and conclusively enable superior video playback quality with advanced hardware post-processing algorithms.
AMD PowerPlay™ Technology: Dynamically adjusts clock speeds in response to GPU load, saving power for just when you need it.
AMD PowerTune Technology: Maximize your performance under load conditions by dynamically increasing the GPU engine clock to take advantage of unused TDP headroom. You can also configure your own TDP limit, within a provided range, for even higher performance or more power efficiency.
Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology: GDDR5 memory provides the highest available memory bandwidth of any memory technology today, enabling higher GPU performance.
Intelligent Overclocking Control: AMD’s latest Boost State technology automatically allows Radeon graphic cards to run higher than the base core speed if it is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.