Expansive Worlds, a creative division within Avalanche Studios Group, today revealed the next paid DLC map for their immersive open world hunting game, theHunter: Call of the Wild. Titled Emerald Coast Australia, this highly-anticipated new hunting location features a diverse open world that teems with life, 14 animal species, including iconic fauna such as Kangaroos and Crocodiles, new side and story missions, and the new Zagan Varminter .22-250 bolt-action rifle.
“We have one of the smartest and most engaged communities around, and they’ve been correctly suspecting for some time now that Australia would be our next hunting destination”, said Troy Schram, Lead Game Designer on theHunter: Call of the Wild.
“We’re thrilled to finally confirm that their suspicions were right, and can’t wait for them to discover all the unique animals and diverse environments that the Australian outback has to offer”.
Emerald Coast Australia – Key Features:
- Explore the Australian outback, subtropical bushlands, and tropical rainforests, and experience the natural wonder of its stunning wilderness.
- Hunt some of Australia’s most iconic fauna, including the Magpie Goose, Banteng, Saltwater Crocodile, and Eastern Grey Kangaroo.
- Additionally, this update introduces a new ‘Great One’, which will be available for free for all players. Sightings of this majestic animal have been reported in Emerald Coast and Hirschfelden Hunting Reserve!
- Make new friends and work together to protect the region’s beautiful but fragile ecosystem through side and story missions focused on conservation, cooperation, and community.
- Expand your hunting arsenal with the new Zagan Varminter .22-250 Bolt-Action Rifle. Light and comfortable to shoot, it’s the perfect companion for any hunting trip.
Also, releasing for free alongside Emerald Coast, the Outback Update adds a new Australian-inspired character outfit, a redesigned Harvest Screen, multiple bug fixes and improvements, and more. Stay tuned for the full update notes!
Emerald Coast Australia is coming soon to PC and console platforms. Players can wishlist it now on Steam and Epic Games Store.