Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios are in equal measures absolutely thrilled and totally relieved to confirm today that the long-anticipated next entry in their world-renowned zombie slaying saga, Dead Island 2, has GONE GOLD. As a celebration, the two companies have also decided to shorten the wait for fans and release the game one week earlier than previously announced. The zombie slaying will now commence on Friday, April 21. Pinky swear.
The groundbreaking Dead Island franchise first hit the scene in 2011 with one of the most viewed video game trailers of all time. The latest installment, which was announced with a gloriously gory trailer during Gamescom’s Opening Night Live event in 2022, takes players on a blood-soaked, pulp voyage to escape Los Angeles, now nicknamed HELL-A, as it descends into zombie-infested chaos with all the over-the-top action and dark humor that fans will be expecting.
Leading up to the game’s release, Deep Silver will be revealing more gameplay and trailers for fans of the franchise to enjoy before they embark on their own fight for survival this April.
For more information on Dead Island 2 follow us on Twitter and Instagram @DeadIslandGame and on Facebook at @DeadIslandGameUK or at www.deadisland.com.
Pre-orders are available now. Dead Island 2 will release on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and for PC exclusively at the Epic Games Store.
About Dead Island 2:
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted powers running through your veins. Only you – along with the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen – hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity) in the balance. You were born for this.
As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak, you’ll uncover the truth of who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in HELL-A.
- Explore HELL-A: Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations in the City of Angels – currently stained with horror – in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant estates of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox: Combat delivers the most intense, visceral, and gory first-person experience possible with plenty of weapons and brutal, tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning, or ripping, you’re going to feel every bit of viscera.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer: There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogue. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer with our brand-new skill system, allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out crazy builds.
- Zombie Infestation: Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? HELL-A is crawling with zombies that both look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated rotten heart of Dead Island 2. With dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks, and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants, our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure: As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Replayability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in HELL-A on a very long (and gory) trip.
For more information on Dead Island 2 follow us on Twitter and Instagram @DeadIslandGame and on Facebook at @DeadIslandGameUK.