MicroProse is happy to announce that Regiments, its new Cold War RTS, will be available on Steam on the 16th of August.
What is Regiments?
Regiments is a Real-Time Tactics set in Germany 1989. The Cold War has gone hot, and the inferno is raging. Lead your Regiment through the fires of conflict and the fog of war. Break through the lines, call in artillery, maneuver, feign retreats, stage defenses, counter-attack. Do not relent.
What is the Regiments experience?
It’s 1989 and the flames of a New War are flaring up. Thousands of square miles of German landscape will become a stage for sweeping battles between the best NATO and Warsaw Pact has to offer.
Lead your Regiment through the inferno of a wide-scale Cold War conflict in this new Real-Time Tactics game. Break through the lines, call in artillery and air support, maneuver, feign retreats, and stage mobile defenses. Do not relent.
The Platoon Command system lets you orchestrate battles with unprecedented precision and ease. No need to micromanage every infantryman – you’re a Commanding Officer, not a sergeant.
Form your force on the fly. Selecting the main Regiment is just a start. You can expand your army during the game by calling in unique Task Forces, each bringing its own equipment and off-map support options.
- Several dynamic operations, encompassing warfare around the Inner German border
- Three distinct skirmish modes with varied, dynamic objectives
- Aggressive, competent AI that can challenge experienced RTS players
- On-the-fly force customization, rewarding adaptability, and creativity
- Deep game mechanics, simulating the Cold War era mechanized fight with great detail
- Four key Cold War Factions: Soviet Union, USA, West Germany, and East Germany
- Visceral visual effects, bringing the WWIII to your screen in all its terrifying glory
- Over 60 authentic vehicles modeled, combined into a multitude of different formations. Deploy such iconic vehicles as Leopard 2, T-72M or M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
- Smooth learning curve and high accessibility even to novice RTS players
- Refined controls that make commanding hundreds of soldiers a breeze