Today, publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Hexagon Games announced the promising survival city-builder Sphere – Flying Cities is launching in Steam Early Access on October 14, 2021. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future and sees players manage the well-being of the Earth’s very first flying city inhabited by the planet’s last remaining humans. Utilizing a mix of strategy, simulation, and survival elements, Sphere ensures there’s no limit to the truly extraordinary and immersive gameplay scenarios that can be constructed.
In the not-so-distant future, Earth’s moon has been struck by a massive asteroid. With the fallout rendering the terrestrial surface uninhabitable, the ecosystem of the planet collapses. Facing complete annihilation, humanity makes one final and desperate attempt to survive — thanks to newly-created anti-gravity technology, the first (and possibly last) faction of flying cities ascends as the ultimate bastion of the human race.
Key Features of Sphere – Flying Cities:
- Build It and They Will Come: Erect a living, thriving city with over 30 different building types and maintain your ecosystem via resource management mastery and infrastructure supported by independent economic cycles
- Don’t Look Down: Ensure your anti-gravity device and its expanding deflector shield are kept in tip-top shape at all times, as an insufficient power supply will result in a quick (and painful) demise
- Send in the Robots: Utilize drones and other scout technologies in hazardous environments to quickly construct buildings, harvest resources, and search for stranded survivors. You may even find rare materials in uncharted territories!
- A Geologist in Space: Research new technologies to improve the efficiency of every aspect of your city and withstand a plethora of (un)natural disasters like geomagnetic storms, asteroids, and poisonous clouds
- A Delicate Ecosystem: The well-being of your people is crucial to the success of the mission. Carefully tend to the needs of your colonists by supplying food, healthcare, and shelter. But don’t forget, the survival of many may require the deaths of the few — sacrifices are an inevitable imperative.
Developed by Hexagon Sphere Games and published by Assemble Entertainment, Sphere – Flying Cities will make its debut on Steam via Early Access on October 14, 2021, and will be available for $17.99 USD.
Assemble Entertainment has again partnered with a charitable organization to offer a Save the World Edition of the game, this time with Atmosfair, an environmental development organization that focuses on clean energy climate protection projects. The Save the World Edition of Sphere – Flying Cities will include a mini-artbook and bonus in-game cosmetics. Learn more and add the game to your wishlist here.