We are delighted to announce the release of DCS 2.7 Open Beta
This has been a long time in the making and, while we don’t usually put out press releases for version upgrades, we truly believe that this is a game changer. The main improvement in 2.7 is the clouds. Realistic clouds and weather provides for a super immersive flying experience.
This latest update to DCS World Open Beta has the substantial range of new features and improvements included. Some of the highlights are new cloud technology, new piston engine propeller technology and a wide array of new features for the Hornet and Viper. We promise to keep you updated on all the progress to 2.7 and thank you in advance.
You will notice in the attached that there are over 20 pages of notes in the change log alone. There are so many other new and improved things in 2.7.
There are some things that are still very much work in progress. For example, if you are flying with a pixel density at 1.0 you may notice a little bit of cloud “jiggle”. That said, there is no doubt that on the whole there is so much that is good, if not awesome, about this patch we think you will enjoy it immensely.
These are the highlights:
- Introducing a new cloud system with presets.
- Introducing the new WWII propellers technology.
- DCS: Black Shark 2 Pandemic campaign by Armen Murazyan.
- DCS: A-10C Operation Persian Freedom by Ground Pounder Sims.
- DCS: P-47D Wolfpack Campaign by Reflected Simulations.
DCS World New Features
- Labels. Added new small neutral dot label.
- Mission Editor (ME). Added quadrangular trigger zones.
- ME. Updated payloads window design. Mouse interactive view. Double RMB to reset position.
- ME. Updated weapons and stores naming.
- ME. Added ability to place all Player/Client Aircraft on ground without parking spot
- Several changes in graphics effects.
- Missions created in DCS 2.7 are incompatible with old DCS versions.
- Added new adjusting sliders: Forest Details Factor, Scenery Details Factor.
- Added new Clouds quality selector dropdownlist.
- F11 Free Camera. Added control with classic WASD keys.
- Campaigns. Added a campaigns main window background, that can be selected via Options –> Misc. –> Theme dropdown list.
- Added basic barrage option for FLAK and AA guns. (fire at point with altitude selection)
And we have a 50% sale running to May 2nd: