A brand new, feature-complete demo of Nightdive Studios’ upcoming FPS/RPG hybrid, the System Shock remake, will be available for download today via the major digital services, offering players the most complete look yet of the opening chapter to Nightdive’s highly anticipated title. Nightdive Studios is also pleased to announce that pre-orders will go live today ahead of the game’s global Windows PC release in summer of 2021 on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Game Store. When System Shock launches later this year, it will also be available on Amazon Luna, the new cloud gaming service from Amazon.
As a System Shock pre-order incentive, Nightdive Studios’ upcoming updated classic System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition will be free for all early buyers.
To celebrate this momentous event, in cooperation with Alienware, the Nightdive team will also show off the latest System Shock remake build in an exclusive developer playthrough on Alienware Arena today at 11am EST.
Be among the first to glimpse at what awaits you in the enhanced cyber-horror remake. Make sure to tune in as Nightdive CEO Stephen Kick and Lead Artist Evelyn Mansell showcase the remake’s stunning new visuals and modernized gameplay, as well as go behind-the-scenes on the game’s development. Starting later today, Nightdive and Alienware will also offer Alienware Arena members a chance to obtain one of 10,000 Steam keys of System Shock: Enhanced Edition — the classic game that launched the sci-fi horror series, expertly refreshed by Nightdive to take advantage of today’s gaming hardware.
The new System Shock is a complete remake of the groundbreaking immersive sim, first released in 1994. Players, in the space-boots of an unnamed hacker who awakes after a six-month snooze, finds Citadel Station in quite the state. Murderous robots, killer cyborgs, and malicious mutants have run amok. And the station’s AI, SHODAN, seems to have developed quite the God complex.
Nightdive has given the entirely remade System Shock the full treatment, recreating the fan-favorite title for modern players with all-new HD visuals, updated controls, revamped hacking, and a renovated Citadel Station with all sorts of new areas and secrets to uncover.
System Shock features include:
- The Return of SHODAN: The talented Terri Brosius returns to bring her unique vocal venom to the villainous AI SHODAN
- Hackers Gonna Hack: System Shock features a totally revamped hacking system featuring new 6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF) gameplay, providing new enemies and challenges
- Familiar but… Different: Citadel Station is bigger and more terrifying than ever with all-new areas, traps, puzzles, and of course, plenty of secrets to uncover
- The Sound of Terror: Re-recorded audio logs provide players with a drip-feed of horrifying lore as they piece together exactly what went wrong for the dwellers of Citadel Station
- Robots and Zombies and Lasers… Oh My: Blast, smash, and occasionally flee from re-imagined enemies like angry Repair-Bots, “Hopper” Mobile Lasers, mutants, cyborgs, and all kinds of bloodthirsty monsters and aggressive automatons
System Shock is available to pre-order today for PC and Linux via Steam, GOG, and the Epic Game Store for $44.95. The new playable demo can also be found on each of the respective storefronts.