SKÖVDE, Sweden – April 29th, 2020: Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games are pleased to reveal the launch date of Deep Rock Galactic. The extreme space mining co-op first FPS launches globally on May 13th on Steam, Xbox One, and the Microsoft Store for $29.99/€29.99/£24.99, dwarfing anything that’s come before.
Deep Rock Galactic began its voyage in 2016 before heading into Early Access in 2018, inviting players to dig deep on the mineral-rich planet Hoxxes IV and take up arms as one of four classes of badass dwarven miners. Each dwarven class comes with their own invaluable set of skills and gear and a clear mission: Work as a team, extract rare and valuable minerals across multiple Biomes to keep the corporation profitable, and try to survive the endless hostile alien infestation. A new fully narrated game trailer can be seen here.
Since its reveal, Deep Rock Galactic has surpassed one million sales and seen thousands of miners recruited who have helped to evolve the core features of the game and destroy the bugs. Month after month, the game has been updated with tons of new features and content, such as enemies, weapons, missions, perks, assignments, deep dives, through to vanity items, beard physics, dwarven shouts, and a multitude of beers in the Abyss Bar.
“When we started developing Deep Rock Galactic four years ago, none of us at Ghost Ship Games had imagined the game as it is today. While many of the core features have evolved and works as we hoped, there are also entire sections of the game that we didn’t dream of, and that is largely due to our community,” said Søren Lundgaard, CEO, Ghost Ship Games. “Our focus has always been co-op first so to create something that truly requires teamwork meant we needed to team up with the community. We want to thank our players for their support and feedback after four years we’re incredibly excited to officially launch.”
Deep Rock Galactic will launch with two cosmetic DLC packs including new sets of armour, weapon skins and the official Deep Rock Galactic soundtrack is expanded with 50 new minutes of space-dwarf synth goodness. Ghost Ship also ran a community competition inviting the community to make their own launch trailers for the game. With over 200 entries, Ghost Ship has selected the top 40 who will compete for the top prizes. New fan trailers will be shown each day on the Deep Rock social channels concluding with the winner on the day before launch.
“Deep Rock Galactic was one of the first games we signed. The journey from the Closed Alpha through to launch has been incredible and it’s been fantastic to see such a passionate community support the game’s development,” said Anton Westbergh, CEO & Co-Founder of Coffee Stain. “We’re thrilled to be the publishing partner for Ghost Ship Games, a studio with a unique focus and strategy for co-op combined with creativity and a real community-first approach.”
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.