STOCKHOLM – 18 March 2020 – In a time when the gods demanded burnt offerings and dedications of trophies, it was impossible to please them all. The supply of goats, after all, is not infinite. But still, the wise ruler hedges their bets, dedicates honors to the God of Victory, sets up shrines to Goddess of Wisdom, and may even welcome whatever foreign deity promises wealth and prosperity. Imperator: Rome, Paradox Development Studio’s grand strategy game about the classical world, will soon add even more flavor to the religious aspects of the game with a major update and new Content Pack.
The new 1.4 update to Imperator: Rome is coming in on March 31, 2020. The “Archimedes” update may have you scream “Eureka!” as you discover new ways to use religious beliefs in service of your growing and thriving empire. This update will be free to all users.
Features of the free 1.4 “Archimedes” update include:
- State Deities: The Omens system has been replaced by a national Pantheon. Gods from across your empire are welcome into this divine collection, providing passive bonuses most of the time, though you can invoke their power for greater benefits.
- Holy Sites: The classical world was full of sacred groves and mysterious locales. Holy Sites increase the strength of the relevant deity in your Pantheon, or may be sacked of their wealth by less faithful rulers.
- Sacred Treasures: Revered historical and divine relics can be stored in your National Treasury, earning small bonuses. If you sack an enemy’s Holy Sites or capital, there is a chance you might capture these special artifacts.
- Loyalty Rework: Instead of a ticking scale to track, Character Loyalty will be a sum of various factors, making it easier to understand and control.
The release of the update will be accompanied by the Magna Graecia content pack. As its title implies, this content pack is focused on the world of the Greek city states.
- Apotheosis: A popular ruler from a prestigious family may be declared a god and welcomed into the State Pantheon. Elevate enough rulers and you may institute an Imperial Cult religion.
- New Greek Missions: New missions available for Athens, Sparta, Syracusae.
- New Deities: 12 new Greek deities tied to historical Holy Sites across the Greek world.
- Hellenistic Themed Treasures: Collect special artifacts based on the history and legends of the Hellenistic world.
- New Music, Art, and 3D Models.
The Magna Graecia content pack will be available from Steam and the Paradox store on March 31, 2020 for a suggested retail price of $7.99 / £5.79 / €7.99.