NEW YORK, March 17, 2020 – The iconic video game franchise that defined generations of arcade-style baseball fun takes a significant leap forward as R.B.I. Baseball 20 launches today on consoles, PC via Steam (all $29.99) and is coming soon for mobile ($6.99) with massive advancements in gameplay, including brand new hitting and pitching mechanics, as well as a host of detailed improvements. The game is available for physical purchase in store and online at top retailers such as GameStop, Target, Walmart and Best Buy and via digital download on platform storefronts.
New features and upgrades to gameplay both big and small abound in RBI Baseball 20 and include:
- All-New Core Controls: choose pitch types based on real pitcher data, power up to swing for the fences or play it safe for contact & streamlined baserunning controls, this bold new interface gives R.B.I.
20 a totally new look and feel;
- Significant Player Model Improvements: more detail, more personality and more accuracy bring you deeper into the game, with everything from eye black, pine tar on helmets, dirt and grass stains after dives & slides, and a broader range of hair styles and texture;
- Centerfield Camera: brand new broadcast-inspired pitching camera gives you a new perspective when delivering pitches;
- Insight Driven Details: improved stealing & pickoffs, revamped MLB ballparks, tailored cut-scene animations & camera angles, better crowd behaviors & improved ball collision;
- All Your Favorite Modes: you wanted ‘em and we kept ‘em including Franchise, Exhibition, Online Multiplayer* & Home Run Derby;
- Play as The Legends: 165+ MLB Legends & Legend Teams;
- Phenomenal Soundtrack: songs from 20 artists including music from OneRepublic, Andy Grammar, Glorious Sons, Peking Duk, and others.
- *Feature available on Xbox One and PS4 only
R.B.I. Baseball 20 is officially licensed by MLB and MLBPA. It is available now for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, the Nintendo SwitchÔ system, and coming soon to iPhone, iPad, and supported Android smartphones and tablets. The game retails for $29.99 (U.S.) on consoles and PC via Steam and $6.99 (U.S.) on smartphones and tablets. For more information visit www.RBIGame.com, follow @RBIGame on Twitter, @RBIGame on Instagram, or @MLBRBIGame on Facebook.