July 10, 2018 – The prospect of colonizing Mars and becoming an interplanetary species has never been more palpable. The second season of National Geographic’s “Mars,” the hybrid event series, returns this November to explore this reality and whether humanity is doomed to repeat the same mistakes once we get there. Join the show’s foremost experts on terraforming the Red Planet along with new and returning cast as they give an exclusive sneak peek at what’s to come. The panel will discuss the major conflicts ahead and get real about the repercussions of every singular action and decision Earthlings will make when they become Martians – from having babies, to catching colds … even to experiencing love and sex on Mars.
- Andy Weir, MARS Big Thinker; bestselling author of The Martian and, most recently, Artemis
- Leland Melvin, MARS Big Thinker; former NASA Astronaut and author
- JiHae (Mortal Engines), Actor, “Hana Seung,” Mission Commander of International Mars Science Foundation’s (IMSF) Olympus Town, and “Joon Seung,” Former Secretary General of IMSF
- Jeff Hephner (Chicago Med, Code Black), Actor, “Kurt Hurrelle,” Commander of the Lukrum Industries’ Mining Colony
- Dr. Stephen Petranek, MARS scientific advisor, co-executive producer and Big Thinker; award-winning author of How We’ll Live on Mars, upon which the series is based
- Susan Wise Bauer, MARS Big Thinker; historian, colonization expert and author of the History of the World series
- Moderator: Jennifer Kite-Powell, author and Forbes.com contributor
Panel: Thursday, July 19, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Room 7AB at San Diego Convention Center