London, UK, 7 May 2018 – War Tech Fighters, the frantic mech action game from Drakkar Dev and Green Man Gaming Publishing, is launching the Supernova Update today, the last major update before it leaves Steam’s Early Access and moves to a full release. The update is filled with new content to further enhance the action-packed love letter to Western Blockbusters and Japanese Mecha Anime.
With the launch of the Supernova Update today, Drakkar Dev have delivered the penultimate step in their Early Access development. The final elements of the game will then be added and the game will be made ready for a full release, launch in Summer 2018.
“This is one of the biggest updates the game has received so far. Based on feedback from the community, we have added 5 new story missions, 4 new challenges, new Survival Arena and new weapons, components, performance enhancements and fixes,” commented Manlio Greco, CEO of Drakkar Dev. “Once launched, we will turn our attention to completing the final elements of the game and ending our 12 month mission. To say we are excited is an understatement.”
Travelling across the galaxy, the rebel colonies of Hebos and Ares join forces to battle against the Zatros empire with the deadliest weapons ever built – War Techs. Taking space combat to a whole new level, War Techs are giant mechs that combine cold precision and state of the art technology to the battlefields of space.
War Tech Fighters is a space action game that combines the spectacular action of Japanese Anime with Hollywood Blockbusters. Configure, upgrade and customize your War Tech and dive into battle to fight back the Zatronian forces and save your galaxy.
Key Features in Early Access
- Fully Equipped War Tech – Destroy your enemies in long-range combat with guns and missiles, or get up close and personal with swords and shields.
- Dual camera view – play and fight in Third or First person.
- Customization – Hundreds and thousands of combinations of mech parts, weapons, and colors to truly stand out on the battlefield.
- Perks – Tailor your fighting style with perks included on swords and shields
- Upgrades – Three base robot sets, each with specific bonuses, and over 180 upgradable robot parts.
- Research & Development – Research new upgrade projects to enhance your War Tech, and develop weapons ranging from missile launchers to anti-matter cannons.
- Level Up – Gain experience through combat to level up your War Tech pilot to gain improved attack and defence bonuses.
- Unlockable Special Projects – Explore space and collect hidden project parts to gain access to new War Tech sets, new swords, new shields and research projects.
- Intense Single Player Missions – Experience the first 28 missions of Captain Nathan Romanis’ battle across the galaxy.
- Simulator Bridge – Train your War Tech by replaying missions, or take on special Challenges to gain experience and add-ons to improve your machine.
- Survival Mode – Test yourself to the limit in three deadly infinite survival arenas, and walk away with special rewards. Compete with other players trying to reach for the top in a global leaderboard.