London, January 26, 2018 — After more than two years of questions and requests from our community, Thrustmaster® is proud to finally be able to make the announcement that people have been waiting for: all the thrills of drifting and rally racing are now right at your fingertips, with the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod. This product is the latest innovative component in Thrustmaster’s ever-growing racing ecosystem, and offers a choice of two different modes: progressive handbrake, and sequential gearbox. The icing on the cake? It’s officially licensed by Sparco®!
A major, groundbreaking development
Painstakingly developed in close collaboration with Sparco®, the brand that defines standards for racing gear, Thrustmaster’s TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is the third product to hit the market as a result of this unique partnership. Its goal is the same as that of its two predecessors: to transport gamers right to the heart of an ultra-realistic racing experience. Hot on the heels of the previously released full racing wheel and an add-on rally wheel, the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is a versatile new element in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, opening up the following exciting possibilities:
- Progressive handbrake mode, for perfectly-proportioned action; or
- Sequential gearbox mode, for incredibly efficient gear shifting.
- Drifting in GT or rally racing: gamers will love being able to fully explore and master both styles!
- Totally realistic immersion in games and simulations: at 3.3 inches/8.5 cm tall, the handle is a 1:1 scale replica of those in Sparco®’s rally and drifting range.
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s powerful design is based on cutting-edge engineering:
- The unit is rock-solid mechanically, thanks to the use of extremely high-quality materials – 90% of which are crafted of metal, including industrial flat coil springs with 8.8 pounds/4 kg of resistance.
- It allows for both smooth and abrupt braking actions.
- It incorporates Thrustmaster’s award-winning H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™ for ultimate precision that won’t decrease over time, thanks to a contactless magnetic sensor.
Infinite possibilities for all driving styles
- The handle’s height is fully adjustable.
- The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s handle can also easily be turned 90° for horizontal handbraking in GT mode, in addition to the normal vertical position for rally mode.
- The unit features a handy attachment system for cockpits, thanks to its built-in M6 screw threads.
- Gamers wishing to use the unit in a more common way – such as on a table or desk – will be able to opt for Thrustmaster’s related clamp (sold separately), which can also accommodate a TH8A for a complete setup including a progressive handbrake and a shifter.
Full PC compatibility
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod has been specially designed for PC gamers, and is compatible with Windows® 10, 8 and 7. What’s more, although it’s been created with owners of Thrustmaster racing wheels in mind (in particular the T150, TMX, T300 series, TX series, T500 RS, TS-PC RACER, TS-XW RACER and T-GT, all of which are sold separately), it’s perfect for owners of any racing wheel from all other brands as well!
- The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is now available, at a suggested retail price of £239.99