New York, NY – September 27, 2017 – 2K today announced details surrounding the Season Pass and downloadable content offerings for WWE® 2K18, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. The offerings will include playable WWE and NXT® Superstars, including fan-favorites The Hardy Boyz; a host of new in-game moves; and access to both unlockable content and player progression features. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2017, with some packages releasing in early 2018, for the PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Windows PC.
“WWE 2K18’s downloadable content will deliver a notable combination of playable WWE Superstars, NXT Superstars and WWE Hall of Famers, as well as popular annual requests like new gameplay moves,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “This content aligns with WWE 2K18’s ultimate mission – providing players with authentic and simulation-based WWE gameplay, the largest playable roster in WWE games history and the freedom to create and control their experiences, be it through MyCareer, the Creation Suite or other notable features – and for a great overall value.”
About the WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content Offerings*
WWE 2K18 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PS4™ system, Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and Steam for Windows PC:
- Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
- Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
- Playable WWE Superstars: The Hardy Boyz;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
- The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for $9.99.
MyPlayer Kick Start
- Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
- Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
- MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.
New Moves Pack
- Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tie Breaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
- The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.
NXT Generation Pack
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot;
- The NXT Generation Pack will be available for $9.99.
About the WWE 2K18 Season Pass
Players may purchase select WWE 2K18 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Enduring Icons Pack;
- MyPlayer Kick Start;
- New Moves Pack;
- NXT Generation Pack.
* PlayStation™Network, Xbox Live or Nintendo account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K18 required to play.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K18 is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K18 is currently scheduled for worldwide release on October 17, 2017 for the PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC, as well as in Fall 2017 for Nintendo Switch. Players who purchase the WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition at participating retailers will receive Early Access to their game copies and in-game bonuses beginning four days early on Friday, October 13, 2017 for the PS4™ system and Xbox One. In addition, players who purchase the WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition, available in both physical and digital varieties at participating retailers, will also receive Early Access to their game copies and in-game bonuses – including all Cena (Nuff) Edition digital content – beginning four days early on Friday, October 13, 2017 for the PS4™ system and Xbox One, with Windows PC players receiving their Deluxe Edition copies on Tuesday, October 17, 2017. For more information on WWE 2K18 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #WWE2K18 and #BLN1 or subscribe on YouTube.