Haarlem, The Netherlands – November 21, 2016 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announces today that their 4X space RTS ‘Dawn of Andromeda’ (PC) will launch on Steam’s Early Access program on December 1st, 2016. Earlier this year the game enjoyed a very successful closed beta program, accumulating tremendous feedback and suggestions from a dedicated group of testers. Having taken giant strides forward since then, and having undergone extensive Quality Assurance, developer GreyWolf Entertainment is now eager to put the current advanced beta in front of a much wider audience, in Early Access. Given the remaining development roadmap and gamer requests, they currently anticipate the game to stay in early access for approximately three months, releasing in March 2017.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says “Despite the avalanche of releases occurring in Q4, we feel that Dawn of Andromeda stands out from the crowd and is polished enough to take the leap during this busy window. It has been quite a while since a solid and engaging 4X space RTS title has emerged between the many turn-based competitors and we expect many real-time 4X strategy fans to jump on board and grab their chance to make an impact.”
Dawn of Andromeda is a plausible, real-time space 4X game focused on providing a fun, immersive and accessible experience. It allows you to build your empire, colonize new planets, interact with other factions and characters, research new technologies and build fleets so powerful your enemies will tremble. On top of that, the game brings you a galaxy filled with diverse factions, outlaws, merchants, pirate clans and mercenaries but also anomalies, black holes, ancient artifacts, ruins and much more.
Dawn of Andromeda will launch December 1 on Steam’s Early Access program at $24.99.
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artifacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants and others roam the galaxy
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However, if you’d prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their unique backgrounds and traits
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships
- Choose between researching pre-fabricated or randomly generated ship designs, or alternatively research and discover ship parts, allowing you to create your own unique shop designs from them
- In-depth diplomacy system. Create or join coalitions, make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy
- Reduce micro-management by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experiences
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can never be set to vary for each faction, making for unpredictable friends and foes