JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 1, 2016 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, announces the addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis to its world-class lineup of thrill rides in 2017. This multi-sensory, interactive dark ride received global recognition as the Best New Product by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, was named one of the Top Ten Amusement Park Attractions of the Year by USA Today readers and named Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.
“This ride is a game-changer and without question one of the most innovative, interactive and exciting attractions we have ever undertaken,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President Neal Thurman. “The world-class game play and cutting-edge technology will have guests fully engaged in non-stop action.”
In a high-stakes clash between good and evil, guests will become members of the Justice League Reserve team and engage in a full-sensory journey to save the city of Metropolis as they battle alongside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg against Super Villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis features:
- 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;
- Sleek, six-passenger, motion-platform cars that twist, tilt and spin while going through hairpin, 360-degree turns, all synched to the action on the screens;
- Intense virtual loop and barrel roll, giving riders the head-over-heels feeling;
- High definition, 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis; and
- State-of-the-art, real-time gaming elements including 600 virtual and tangible targets.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is expected to debut in the late spring of 2017. For more information about next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit https://www.sixflags.com/