Amsterdam, The Netherlands – April 25, 2016 – Developer Obsidian Entertainment and global publisher My.com are excited to reveal details of the first Tier 10 vehicles that will be added with the upcoming Update 0.15 on May 3rd. The highest tier in Armored Warfare will include pieces of armored technology, such as the Leopard 2A7, XM1A3 Abrams, PL-01, and more.
“Leading up to the introduction of Tier 10, we’ve been carefully monitoring the community’s opinions on what the highest tier of Armored Warfare should contain,” said Antoine Guyard, EU producer for Armored Warfare. “It became obvious that while having vehicles that actually exist, it would also be good to take it a bit further and let our players experience the vehicles that are currently in the prototype or concept phase, with experimental or planned upgrades. Considering the fact that actions in Armored Warfare take place in mid-2030s, we see it as as perfect solution to bring the most awesome vehicles into Armored Warfare. We hope our players will enjoy these newest additions to Armored Warfare!”
Armored Warfare Tier 10 Vehicle details:
- PL-01 – light tank concept developed by OBRUM and BAE Systems on a CV90 AFV chassis. Armed with an auto-loading 120mm cannon that is capable of firing APFSDS, HEAT and HE shells as well as LAHAT anti-tank guided missiles. Agile and fast, the PL-01 is the pinnacle of the Light Tank class.
- SPHINX – French prototype vehicle by Panhard. It’s a sturdy turreted six-wheeled and lightly armored vehicle but with considerable firepower from its 40mm autocannon and ATGMs. SPHINX will be the most potent scouting vehicle in Armored Warfare.
- Leopard 2A7-140 – the ultimate combination of the most modern Leopard 2 armor kit available and the firepower of a 120mm L/55 Rheinmetall gun or experimental 140mm cannon. Equipped with the most advanced countermeasures available in the world, it will be a tough opponent to beat for any vehicle.
- XM1A3 Abrams – prototype which combines the most advanced upgrades available for this aging chassis. Based on the M1A2 Abrams with a TUSK kit and ARAT-2 explosive reactive armor, it is armed with a 120mm gun that can be upgraded to the 140mm ATACS cannon.
- T-14 Armata – super-modern Main Battle Tank from Russia introduced in early 2015. It’s an advanced design that includes an unmanned turret and a new 125mm automatically loaded gun, which surpasses any other MBT currently in service.
- Challenger 2 ATDU – the latest experimental version of the legendary Challenger 2 and best-armored vehicle in Armored Warfare. Excellent armor and experimental 140mm cannon capable of firing both kinetic and high-explosive shells make it one of the most dangerous beasts on the battlefield.
Read more about the new tier 10 tanks HERE: aw.my.com/us/news/general/
Armored Warfare is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online tactical military game that puts the player into the world of modern warfare. In Armored Warfare, players get a chance to try the most powerful tools of destruction invented by mankind – from modern main battle tanks to scouts and wheeled vehicles. Using modern defense systems like anti-missile protection and smoke grenades, along with various types of armor and ammunition, players can jump into fast paced battles both in PvP mode and a vast amount of PvE missions.
Download Armored Warfare for free today, visit: aw.my.com.To learn more about Armored Warfare, please visit aw.my.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow its development on Twitter @ArmoredWar for all the latest developer updates and news.