New York, NY – August 13, 2015 – 2K and Firaxis Games today announced pre-purchase details for Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ – Rising Tide, the expansion pack for 2014’s turn-based strategy title, Civilization: Beyond Earth. Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a 10% discount on their purchases. Rising Tide is currently in development for Windows PC, as well as Mac and Linux through Aspyr Media, and scheduled for worldwide release on all platforms on October 9, 2015.
Complementing the Rising Tide pre-purchase news, players can also take advantage of the following Beyond Earth offers:
- The award-winning** Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is free-to-play on Steam beginning today at 1:00 p.m. EDT and concluding Monday, August 17, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. EDT;
- Civilization: Beyond Earth – The Collection, which includes Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, the Exoplanets Map Pack and the upcoming expansion pack, Rising Tide, will be available for purchase during the free-to-play period with an additional discount from participating digital retailers.
The Exoplanets Map Pack features six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, including:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
New players who participate in the free-to-play weekend on Steam will have until 1:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, August 17, 2015 to purchase Civilization: Beyond Earth or the Civilization Beyond Earth: The Collection for more than 10% off, and retain their in-game progress.
About Rising Tide
Rising Tide will expand Beyond Earth to new frontiers on the planet’s surface and across its seas, adding more choices and diplomatic options as players build “one more turn” toward a new vision for humanity’s future. New aquatic gameplay will explore the oceans for colonization by dramatically extending the play space, while an overhauled diplomacy system will provide players with additional layers of dynamic choices and options to shape the diplomatic landscape while engaging with the AI and one another.
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth and Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide are rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) by the ESRB. Rising Tide will be available globally for Windows PC on October 9, 2015. The title will also launch for Mac and Linux this fall through Aspyr Media.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, please visit www.civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow Civilization on Twitter and subscribe to Civilization on YouTube.
For more information on the Mac and Linux version, please visit www.aspyr.com or follow Aspyr Media on Facebook and Twitter.
*Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth is required to play Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide
**Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth took home more than 15 awards at E3 2014, including Destructoid’s “Best of E3: Best PC” and “Best of E3: Best Strategy Game,” Game Critics Awards’ “Best Strategy Game,” Game Informer’s “Best PC Exclusive” and “Best Strategy Game,” IGN’s “Best of E3 Best Strategy Game,” Nerdist’s “Editor’s Choice E3 2014,” Polygon’s “Editors’ Choice,” The Escapist’s “Best of E3 2014” and more.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).