Haarlem, The Netherlands – 11 September 2014 – A year after entering Steam’s Early Access program, space sim/ RPG favourite Starpoint Gemini 2 is nearing completion. To mark this, a new cinematic trailer has been released today, featuring a spectacular raid in deep space. Check it out now on the Iceberg Youtube Channel.
Developer Little Green Men Games will also push another big update for the game on Friday 12 September, which includes the Steam Big Picture feature .With full controller support, Big Picture mode will let gamers kick back and enjoy the game on the biggest screen in house.
Other update highlights include:
- ADDED: Full controller support making the game fully playable in Steam Big Picture mode
- UPDATE: Based on feedback, drop rate of blueprints is increased in all instances
- UPDATED: Nebulas optimized some more. More specifically, when inside a nebula, other nebulas are not rendered
- ADDED: Artefacts can now be collected from special structures scattered around Gemini
- ADDED: Another optimization pass focused mostly on sector-to-sector streaming
- ADDED: Music now changes to combat music when fighting ensues
- ADDED: Twin suns now shine over Gemini from its center (will be further graphically improved)
Read the full change log for the update here.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta Stage on Steam’s Early Access program and available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150
About Starpoint Gemini 2
The sequel to Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D – space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.