Haarlem, The Netherlands – December 6, 2013 – Veteran game publisher Iceberg Interactive announces today that its latest 4X space strategy game Star Lords is available now on Steam’s Early Access program store.steampowered.
Players can purchase the game now in Steam’s Early Access program and be involved in the rest of the development process by providing feedback and suggesting what they would like to see updated, changed or added to the game. Early Access players can then play as the game evolves throughout the entire development process.
“Star Lords is an amazing 4X game, and we are thrilled to be working with the talented Arkavi Studios team,” says Iceberg Interactive CEO, Erik Schreuder. “We are looking forward to players joining early as the game evolves, and hearing what they would like to see improved and implemented in the game. Early Access provides such a unique addition to the development process and we are looking forward to hearing what players and fans have to say.”
Star Lords is a tactical, turn-based space-strategy game showcasing eight major races in an epic-sized complex universe with some new twists to the 4X genre. Star Lords is set in space where players can take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of an empire, players explore the stars, colonize new worlds, manage their empire and conquer whoever dares to oppose. In the Early Access Alpha, some features are not available yet such as multiplayer, huge galaxies and domestic policies, as these are still very much being tested. They will be opened up further down the line in Early Access.
Star Lords Key Features:
- Living, Breathing Universe: in addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence – use them to your advantage
- Economic and Political Layers: War isn’t the only way to weaken one’s enemies; diplomacy, intelligence and trade are very powerful and effective tools
- Eight major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities
- Create and customize your own ship designs
- Generals: Unique and powerful units evolve as they battle
- Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units – never play the same game twice
- Empire shattering: unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own
- Plotting: secretly finance a war against your enemies in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire
- Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge. Or play with your friends in hotseat mode.
- Modding support
- LAN, hotseat and online multiplayer (not available yet) with matchmaking
The Alpha version of Star Lords is available for $19.99 on Steam’s Early Access Program. For more information about Star Lords please visit www.starlords-game.com.