SANTA CRUZ, Calif. – October 3, 2013 – Motrr, led by the designers behind the Gorillapod™ line of innovative camera tripods, is pleased to announce the pre-order availability of the Galileo Bluetooth and Galileo 30-pin for iPhone now through the end of October. Galileo, a revolutionary iOS-controlled robotic iPhone platform with infinite spherical rotation capability, brings a world of photo, pano, and video possibilities to iPhone owners.
“We are thrilled to release Galileo, a device platform we hope will inspire creativity and allow for more immersive experiences with people from anywhere in the world,” says Jasper Eisenberg, Marketing Manager at Motrr. “Motrr’s mission is to transform the way we communicate with each other and with the world around us. With an entirely new dimension of control, everything from video calling, time-lapse photography, cinematography, and spherical imaging get way more interesting.”
With applications in areas of photography, cinematography, social networking, video conferencing, baby monitoring, remote learning, and more, Galileo gives iOS devices endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion. Using Galileo, your iPhone, and the Sphere app you are one tap away from capturing amazing spherical panoramas. You can also easily set pan and tilt controls for Galileo locally to create dynamic time-lapse sequences. With a second smartphone, tablet, or web browser, you can control Galileo remotely to monitor your home with one-way video, or enjoy an immersive 2-way video calling experience. Just swipe your finger on your device and Galileo responds, orienting itself in any direction. Finally, you control what you see.
How will you use Galileo?
With the Motrr Software Development Kit, app developers are integrating Galileo motion controls into their apps. This is essential for expanding the platform and providing new and meaningful experiences for our users. Popular use includes:
- Video calling and conferencing – use Galileo to orient your phone in any direction so you can actually control what you see
- Baby monitoring – see what you want to see, not what the nanny shows you
- Remote learning – follow professors around the classroom; see who is asking questions
- Time-lapse photography – create dynamic time-lapse sequences and beautiful 360° panoramas; Galileo features a standard ¼” tripod mount
- Cinematography – shoot interesting transition shots, pan and tilt simultaneously, and create dynamic scenes
- Real estate photography – record 360° spherical virtual home tours with ease
New Galileo owners will be able to download and experience a number of Apps including:
- Motrr Live – Video call your friends and family quickly and easily with Motrr Live. Connect to Galileo and transform your iOS device into a remote control video camera.
- Sphere – Use Sphere with Galileo to create seamless, immersive 360° photo spheres.
- AirBeam – AirBeam for Galileo turns your iOS device into a real-time audio and video monitoring system that you can orient in any direction using Galileo.*
- TimeLapse – TimeLapse is the professional choice for creating time lapse sequences. Use with Galileo for precision control and hands-free image capture.*
- RecoLive MultiCam – Expand your talents as a director with RecoLive MultiCam. Setup your shots with Galileo and swipe your finger on the screen to reposition the cameras.*
*Apps are available for an additional fee.
The Galileo 30-Pin is compatible with iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation. The Galileo Bluetooth works with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch 5th generation. Both Galileo versions are available for pre-order for 10% off the regular price of $149.95 at www.motrr.com. Use code “galileoten” to pre-order. Galileo will first ship to pre-orders at the end of October and will be available for sale starting in November.