Krakow, 12.04.2013: Following numerous requests from players DRAGO Entertainment is pleased to announce the Mac and Linux versions of Grimlands. To celebrate the developer has also released the second part of the Making Of video series that focuses on vehicles and crafting:
“We always planned to bring Grimlands to more platforms besides the Windows PC”, explains Lucjan Mikociak from DRAGO Entertainment, “but the amount of requests from the Mac- and Linux communities has convinced us to make these versions happen in 2013. And there are even more versions planned down the road.”
In development at Polish studio DRAGO for over five years, Grimlands is an innovative mix of MMORPG and First- or Third Person Shooter. Thousands of players explore a huge open world that was laid in ruins by earthquakes and face the daily challenges of this deadly environment: Scarce resources fuel the PVE and PVP fights and force players to craft every item by themselves. Without level- or point-restrictions, players create their individual avatar just by playing in their favorite style and learning skills by using them. Clans fight over key locations in the game world using armed vehicles for support. Choosing if they want to be a lone wolf or trade and band together with other players is just one of the many parts of the sandbox-style gameplay.
Despite positive feedback on the last two Beta tests, a strategy-shift from development to distribution has led gamigo AG to cancel Grimlands. Following strong fan-support, the development team aims to finance the remaining work by turning to the community on Kickstarter.
We would appreciate if you would support our project by reporting on this news and linking to our Kickstarter page. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for exclusive screenshots or interview requests – we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note: the game footage was taken from the CBT2 build and lighting, animations and overall combat look much better now as we will show you soon.
Grimlands Key Features:
- True Mix of Shooter and MMORG with aiming, stealth and cover but deep character development and customization
- Unique crafting: Almost every item (Weapons, Ammunition, armor etc.) is crafted by players out of scavenged raw materials based on blue prints but depending on crafting skills, making each build special and giving incentives for player trading via the auction house
- Unique skill system: Without levels or points players advance their character skills by using specific weapons or functions; allowing for diverse character builds
- Huge, open game world with weather and daytime changes set in an post-apocalyptic setting
- A variety of upgradable vehicles that can be driven by up to four players and used for combat
- Both PVE with strong storyline told through hundreds of quests and various PVP options
- Strong clan support with territorial fights that gives real bonuses for holding key locations
- Dungeons for groups with easy to use group finding tool