LAS VEGAS– January 6, 2013 – Withings, creators of the first Internet connected scale, announces today its Smart Body Analyzer- the first smart scale to monitor health and environment through heart rate measurement and air quality monitoring, in addition to rich weight analysis in order to achieve a healthier lifestyle. This breakthrough health-monitoring device awarded with a 2013 CES Innovation Award, combines wireless connectivity, over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, with unprecedented body analysis capabilities.
By simply stepping on the scale, the Smart Body Analyzer provides users with a quick and comprehensive health snapshot that shows highly accurate weight, body fat & heart rate readings. With the addition of heart rate measurement, users can monitor the evolution of their resting heart rate, a powerful indicator of their overall fitness level. The readings are then transmitted to the Withings Health Mate mobile application via the built-in internet connection. The results are stored and can be shared with a physician, dietician, support group or motivational team via Twitter or Facebook.
Designed to be placed in a user’s bedroom, the Smart Body Analyzer can also monitor the air quality of its surrounding environment through temperature and carbon dioxide (CO2) metering. Carbon dioxide is a gas formed by metabolic activity that builds up to excessive levels in confined spaces, like bedrooms, when an insufficient amount of fresh air is being delivered. High levels of CO2 can produce a variety of health effects that can affect sleep, like headaches, dizziness, restlessness, difficulty breathing, increased heart rate and sweating. By monitoring and managing indoor air quality, people can live and sleep in a healthier environment.
Withings CEO Cédric Hutchings said: “We’ve challenged ourselves to once again reinvent the smart scale, a segment we pioneered three years ago with our Wi-Fi Body Scale. We have added functionalities that have never been seen before on a home scale, which are both useful and necessary to living an overall healthy lifestyle.”
The advanced body analytic features of the Smart Body Analyzer are hidden within its high-end, aesthetically pleasing and sleek chassis. The scale’s main sensors and ITO-coated electrodes are designed to form a pattern on the scale that becomes the product’s unique aesthetic signature design.
Like other Withings scales, the Smart Body Analyzer features the company’s Position Control™ technology. This exceptional engineering achievement allows for best-in-class weighing accuracy due to the on-screen guidance for users to properly position their body on the scale.
Also, the Smart Body Analyzer is extremely easy to use and set up without the need of a personal computer as it pairs seamlessly with an iOS or Android device, over with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. All measurements are instantly recorded and synced with the Withings Health Mate iOS and/or Android apps.
The Withings Health Mate app is an open platform that aggregates measurements not only from Withings devices, but also third party sensors and apps. This gives users a synchronized at-a-glance dashboard of all their health data. A large number of compatible apps and services, such as LoseIt!, Runkeeper, DailyBurn, and MyFitnessPal can also retrieve data captured by the Smart Body Analyzer.
Key features of the Smart Body Analyzer include:
- Position Control™ technology: best-in-class weighing technology to insure accuracy
- Fat mass measurement: available in athlete and non-athlete modes
- Heart rate measurement: this feature is for the first time introduced on a scale, and allows tracking of the resting heart rate while just stepping on a scale. Like all other measurements, heart rate readings are automatically transmitted and rendered on the Withings Health Mate mobile app
- Air quality measurement: CO2 and temperature monitoring to better monitor and manage the bedroom air quality
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi for easy setup and hassle-free data upload
- Unbeaten Battery life: four standard AAA alkaline batteries provide more than one year of daily measurements
- The Smart Body Analyzer is slated for a Q1 2013 release date at a suggested retail price of $149.95. For more information, visit http://www.withings.com/bodyanalyzer/