Las Vegas, NV – January 7, 2013 – Wahoo Fitness, the leader in iPhone powered cycling, running and fitness, will demo the Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer at CES 2013. Named aCES 2013 BEST OF INNOVATIONS award winner in the Health & Fitness category, the KICKR Power Trainer is the world’s first iPhone powered bike trainer. Wahoo’s KICKR allows cyclist and triathletes to set resistance, accurately measure power and complete App based workouts, all from their iPhone. The KICKR Power Trainer is being demoed this week at CES 2013 South Hall S2 Booth #26525.
Using Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ technology, the KICKR Power Trainer connects to the iPhone, allowing full resistance control during your training session. While pedaling, users can increase or decrease resistance, structure interval workouts or even simulate real world bike courses all from their smart phone. Resistance adjustments are instant, making it easy to replicate everything from a flat or rolling hill course, to the coast down a hill after a hard climb. With a wheel off design and super flywheel, the iPhone connected bike trainer is engineered to produce an ultra-realistic road feel, equivalent to the inertia of an actual rider on the road. A direct power measurement at the hub provides consistent and lab accurate power readings for every grueling mile.
“We have created the ultimate indoor cycling experience and to be honored with the Best of Innovations award at this year’s CES is a credit to all the hard work in design and innovation from the Wahoo team,” says Chip Hawkins, CEO of Wahoo Fitness. “Cyclist and triathletes will be blown away by the feel of the KICKR. We spent a ton of time engineering the feel, fine tuning it for the most realistic ride we’ve ever experienced on an indoor bike trainer. With the wheel off design there is no need for calibration; the power is consistent and accurate every single time. The electronic resistance is driven by your iPhone or tablet during a ride, you can go from hammering up a 15% grade to coasting downhill, instantaneously”.
Wahoo Fitness has fully integrated the iPhone into all aspects of cycling fitness. With Wahoo’sBlue SC Speed & Cadence sensor for iPhone, the Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone, theRFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone, Balance Smartphone Scale and the KICKR bike trainer, Wahoo users can now track and power their cycling with their iPhone at home, on the road, the trail and the trainer. Wahoo Fitness’ iPhone cycling system allows users to monitor all the vitals including power, speed, cadence, heart rate, pace, distance, location, course and more.
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer features include:
• Adjust resistance via iPhone for structured rides or simulate real world courses using top cycling Apps including TrainerRoad and Kinomap Trainer.
• Wheel off design allows direct power measurement at the hub, providing the most accurate and consistent power measurement throughout every mile
• In ride adjustments simulate across all intensities from coasting downhill to cranking up a 15% grade (600-2000 watt resistance)
• Ultra realistic road feel specifically engineered to simulate the inertia of an actual rider on the road
• Measure power (wattage), and speed all using your favorite iPhone cycling App or favorite ANT+bike computer
• ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
• Quiet – tested to be one of the quietest trainers on the market
To check out the KICKR and the rest of Wahoo’s 2013 health & fitness tech, visit CES 2013 South Hall S2 Booth #26525.