Eagle Dynamics is delighted to announce the pre-sale of the F-15E Strike Eagle by RAZBAM. The F-15E is one of the most potent multi-role fighter-bombers ever developed. It first came into service in the mid ‘80s, designed to perform air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. An impressive array of avionics and electronics systems give the F-15E the capability to fight at low or high altitude, day or night, and in all weather.
The Strike Eagle delivered fighter aircrew several first-time capabilities. Its APG-70 radar, based on the very capable APG-63 from the F-15A-D, boasted a synthetic mapping capability that can create pictures of the target based solely on radar imaging. A self-contained, networked electronic warfare suite gives the aircraft excellent self-protection capabilities with enhanced battlespace information being delivered to the ergonomic two seat cockpit layout.
The Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) allows the aircraft to fly at low altitudes, at night and in all weather conditions to attack ground targets with a variety of precision-guided and unguided weapons. The LANTIRN system, consisting of two pods attached to the exterior of the aircraft, gives the F-15E unequalled weapons delivery accuracy. The Navigation Pod contains a Terrain-Following Radar that allows the pilot to operate at very low altitudes following cues displayed on the heads-up display. This system can also be coupled to the aircraft’s autopilot to provide fully “hands off” capability.
Each of the low-drag Conformal Fuel Tanks adapted to smoothly fit the fuselage can carry 750 gallons of fuel. The tanks hold weapons on short pylons rather than conventional weapon racks, reducing drag and further extending range. For air-to-ground missions, the F-15E can carry most of the weapons in the United States Air Force inventory including AIM-9M Sidewinders and AIM-120C AMRAAM for the air-to-air role. The “E” model also has an internally mounted 20mm gun that can carry up to 500 rounds.
The subject of this study level simulation is the F-15E Strike Eagle Suite 4E+ software installed in Strike Eagles around 2003.
Key Features include:
- Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics for the F-15E Strike Eagle with P&W F100-PW-229 engines.
- Highly detailed external 3D model and textures for the most accurate F-15E currently available in any simulation software.
- Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit based on 3D scanned objects with high resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls.
- Detailed and thorough simulation of the AN/APG-70 Radar.
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution Systems (JTIDS) datalink.