Publisher Deep Silver and developer Dambuster Studios today announce the first wave of DLC for Dead Island 2, with a number of free and paid for additions to the game’s zombie-infested world, along with a quality of life patch that improves an already bloody brilliant game.
Giving a hint of what’s to come gameplay-wise, two expansions will feature brand new missions, weapons and skills, and areas to explore, with its first titled Haus. How does a billionaire prepare for the zompocalypse? With a techno-death cult and a healthy splash of debauchery and gore. Haus is slated for a Q4 2023 release.
The second expansion will welcome players to the “SOLA” festival, where LA’s party people can greenwash their way to ecstasy and save the planet in true LA fashion, one rave at a time. SOLA Festival will launch in Q2 2024. Haus and SOLA Festival are included in Dead Island 2’s Expansion Pass and will also be available to purchase separately.
Starting with today’s update, players will be able to access the new Cosplay feature. This feature is unlocked during the “Call The Cavalry” quest, after which players can select cosplay via the main menu or by visiting any storage locker in the game. Cosplay houses a brand-new collection of character skins to customize slayers:
- Premium Character Packs: These include a unique skin for the slayer named in the pack and a weapon that can be used by any of the slayers, from the HELL-A Catwalk Collection. There is a total of six character packs, all available to purchase from digital stores today:
- Character Packs 1 (Silver Star Jacob) and Pack 2 (Cyber Slayer Amy) are included for owners of the Deluxe, Gold, and HELL-A Editions of Dead Island 2.
- Four further character packs – Gaelic Queen Dani (included for owners of the Expansion Pass), Jungle Fantasy Ryan, Steel Horse Carla, and Venice Vogue Bruno – are also available to further enhance your Slayer’s stylish look.
- “Til Dawn” Collection: Features a brand-new skin for each of the six slayers, free for all players. These will automatically appear in the cosplay section after the latest update has been downloaded and players have reached the unlock point for Cosplay.
Additionally, players will be able to get “From Dusk” Collection skins through Prime Gaming Rewards (for Amazon Prime members) throughout 2023. From Dusk Dani is first and available from June 15 to July 17. This collection includes the Legless FOMOrian skin which can be selected when playing as Dani, and the FOMOrian Claws, which can be used with any of the six slayers. Keep an eye on social channels for more details.
Finally, two community-led activities round up today’s new content and further bolster the Dead Island 2 experience for players:
- From June 14 to July 10 viewers can redeem this drop by tuning into participating channels streaming Dead Island 2 on Twitch for as little as 20 minutes and claim the Maulibu Panga machete.
- Sign up to our mailing list and bisect 1,000 limbs for your chance to win the Maulibu Nights(tick).
Today’s quality of life patch includes several bug fixes and improvements, including the added Cosplay feature, client co-op improvements, performance and stability improvements, and various fixes. Check out the blog post here for more information: https://deadisland.com/news/
Dead Island 2 is out now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5,
For more information on Dead Island 2 follow us on Twitter and Instagram @DeadIslandGame and on Facebook at @DeadIslandGameUK.