To celebrate the upcoming release, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios have announced that a PC demo of Layers of Fear (2023) will be available on Steam starting from May 15th at 8 AM PT until May 22nd at 3 PM PT. This short demo will allow players to jump into the first few minutes of the game and experience the game’s opening cinematic video, which introduces the story of the Writer, the game’s final protagonist.
In addition to the demo, Bloober Team is excited to announce a special Steam livestream for Layers of Fear debuting next week. Joining the livestream will be Damian Kocurek, Creative Director of Anshar Studios, who will provide a walkthrough commentary of the demo and engage in a discussion with Laura Bernaś, PR Manager at Bloober Team. The livestream will be available on the game’s Steam page and is scheduled to go live around 8:30 am PT on Monday, May 15th. Don’t miss this opportunity to get an exclusive look into the game with insights from the Creative Director himself.
Bloober Team and Anshar Studios are excited to jump into the final stretch of the development cycle for their upcoming horror magnum opus. Layers of Fear (2023) is the series’ crowning work and will be the definitive way to experience Bloober Team’s critically-acclaimed psychological horror franchise. This title is also one of the first games to utilize the highly-anticipated Unreal Engine 5, leaning heavily on the game engine to support Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, as well as a myriad of other visual enhancements which will help make it one of the best-looking horror games in the market.
The development team is also happy to share with players the expected minimum and recommended system requirements to run Layers of Fear on PC, including some considerations for those who intend to play using Ray Tracing.
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat