Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher who rules the galaxy with pizzazz, today announced Galactic Paragons, the latest expansion coming to sci-fi grand strategy game Stellaris. Stellaris: Galactic Paragons introduces deeper character and story progression, allowing players to customize, fine-tune, and improve their leaders. Galactic Paragons takes flight on May 9, 2023; eager players can wishlist the expansion on Steam today.
The galactic council is vast and full of personality! Galactic Paragons expands the Council mechanic, allowing leaders you command to amplify your empire’s vision, adds additional civics, and much more. An empire is only as strong as its weakest link, so invest and strengthen your leaders to guide the future in ways the galaxy has never seen before.
“There are endless stories to tell in the Stellaris universe. Breathing life into the stories of the leaders in the Galactic Council and your empires is a perfect showcase of the team’s commitment to expanding the ways our players can explore a vast and wondrous galaxy,” said Stephen Muray, Game Director for Stellaris. “Our players push us to bring Stellaris to new heights, and we’ll be exploring the galaxy alongside them for years to come.”
Features of Galactic Paragons include*:
- Unique Council Roles: Specialized roles and benefits are included in Galactic Paragons to expand upon the new Council Mechanics in Stellaris! Find dozens of unique council roles based on your civics and government types, and unlock additional positions as your empire evolves.
- New Dynamic Leaders: Recruit, improve, and follow the leaders of your empire through the ages! You may shape them by picking their traits, selecting their veteran class, and guide them towards their destiny, up until they retire – or perish!
- Meet Galactic Heroes: Attract paragons of renown to your council: unique leaders with their own art, events, and stories may join your empire and bring their own benefits to your government. Or, discover four Legendary Paragons with intricate event chains and unique mechanics!
- New Traditions, Civics, And More:
- A new “Under One Rule” Origin that tells the tale of the leader who founded your empire
- Eight new Civics focused on leadership, from immortalizing the personalities of leaders past in digital archives to heavily optimized council selection via corporate charter
- 12 new Veteran Classes
- Hundreds of new Leader Traits
- Two new Tradition Trees, giving players new edicts and improved leaders
- New ships, art, and story content
The 3.8 Gemini update also includes a tremendous number of Quality of Life updates for Stellaris players. Alongside Galactic Paragons, two multiplayer game modes are now available in open beta: Cooperative PvE and Competitive PvP.
- Cooperative PvE allows players to join together as a single empire to take on enemy empires. This presents a great opportunity for players to teach their friends how to play the game or divide the responsibilities of empire management for a more relaxed gaming experience.
- Cooperative PvP allows groups of players to join opposing empires to fight against each other. Splitting up duties may reduce barriers to entry of competitive multiplayer by being less overwhelming. For more competitive players, empires can also be locked and require a password.