In a century of dramatic political upheaval, many world leaders had to deal with influential and charismatic figures – dynamic political personalities who forcefully advocated for social and economic progress or tried to resist the tides of history in favor of tradition. Voice of the People, a new Immersion Pack for Victoria 3, challenges you to handle some of history’s greatest political agitators, coming May 22.
In Voice of the People, the new Agitator system is highlighted with the addition of dozens of historical figures who break convention and build political power behind the force of their personality. Meet intellectuals like Mikhail Bakunin, conservative militarists like Georges Boulanger, and voices for freedom like Frederick Douglas in this addition to Paradox Interactive’s critically acclaimed historical society simulation.
Features of Victoria 3: Voice of the People include:
- Over 60 New Historical Characters: Explore new alternate histories with real historical characters, including John Brown, Emmeline Pankhurst, and Enver Pasha.
- Special Agitator Actions: Aid the agitators by promoting them to lead Interest Groups, or send them into exile to blunt their impact. You can also, in some cases, invite other nations’ exiles into your society to take advantage of their ideas.
- Unique French Content: New events, journal missions, and decisions inspired by French history. Press your advantage in Northern Africa, back one of many royal claimants, or establish a strong French Empire in Europe and worldwide.
- New French Buildings: Historic structures from France added to the map.
- New Art: A paper map unique to Voice of the People, wrapped in a new art nouveau appearance. New animations for revolutions highlight the interest groups in revolt, and new clothing and uniforms are added for many societies.
If you pre-order Voice of the People, you will get an additional three historical French characters – the great Prime Minister Georges Clemenceau, the author and political thinker Alexis de Tocqueville, and Jules Brunet, the French military advisor to Shogunate Japan.
The release of Voice of the People will be accompanied by a major free update to Victoria 3, available to all Victoria players. This update will include the new Agitator System, which allows individual characters to appear to push for political reforms that may not be available or desired by your current government. There will also be new political ideologies for France, changes to the world map, and reworks of the legislative and revolutionary processes, along with many other changes.
Victoria 3: Voice of the People will be available on 22 May 2023 for the suggested retail price of $14.99/£12.99/€14.99.