Penny Arcade’s popular live-play D&D series founded in 2008, Acquisitions Incorporated, rolled a natural 20 with its now closed Series 2 Kickstarter, exceeding its original goal by 170% for a whopping $424,478 earned in total! Having secured its Series 2 funding, this fantasy startup is ready to celebrate their 15th year of growth in style.
The successful funding of Series 2 will enable the pioneering live show to build upon its impressive legacy with bigger and more elaborate productions, highlighting the narrative prowess of dungeon-masters Jeremy Crawford, Lead Rules Designer of Dungeons and Dragons, and Series 1’s Chris Perkins, Senior Story Designer of Dungeons and Dragons.
As a pivotal trailblazer in the space, Acquisitions Incorporated paved the way for a new era of roleplay adventure podcasts, including household names like Critical Role and Dimension20. Now in its 15th year, its fandom and franchise have grown significantly to include annually anticipated live performances at Penny Arcade Expos (PAX), its own tabletop board games, and even an official D&D Sourcebook published in 2019.
“We’re basically a classic punk band getting the crew back together to show these kids how a real party’s supposed to go down, with more excessively nerdy fantasy stage designs, of course,” said Jerry Holkins, co-founder, Penny Arcade. “Our entire cast is incredibly thankful to all of our backers and we can’t wait to make some magic for the world this summer.”
Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series 2 will star:
- Jerry Holkins, co-founder of Penny Arcade and Acquisitions Inc.
- Mike Krahulik, co-founder of Penny Arcade and Acquisitions Inc.
- Jasmine Bhullar, Streamer and veteran of TTRPG live plays including Critical Role, Dimension20, and Penny Arcade’s Court of Cups
- Anna Prosser, Producer, performing artist and mainstay in TTRPG actual plays including Acquisitions Incorporated and Dice Camera Action
- More returning friends and special guests to be announced soon!
Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series 2 will kick off this September 2023. For further information, please visit Penny Arcade’s official website or follow Penny Arcade on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.