Today, Asmodee and Fantasy Flight Games launched Star Wars™: The Deckbuilding Game. Face off as the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire in this fast-paced, two-player battle for the galaxy. With easy-to-learn gameplay and iconic characters like Luke Skywalker™ and Darth Vader™, this game is a Star Wars showdown that anyone can enjoy. Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game is available for purchase from the Asmodee store and select retailers for an MSRP of $37.99 USD.
In Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game, one player takes on the role of the Empire and their opponent plays as the Rebels in an epic battle for victory. As the game progresses, players strengthen the power of their starting decks with characters, vehicles, and capital ships. Players use their assembled decks to attack each other’s bases, with the first person to destroy three enemy bases winning the game.
Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game Key Features:
- May the Fun Be With You: Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Gameoffers fun for everyone through its simple mechanics and a clear win condition. With over 50 unique cards, the various deck combinations ensure every game offers a new, exciting showdown.
- Control the Galaxy: Players improve their decks by purchasing stronger cards with the resources they collect each turn. With a Galaxy Deck in the center of the table, players work fast to make sure they get the cards they want before their opponent destroys them.
- Iconic Characters and Vehicles: Fight for the galaxy with the help of renowned Star Wars vehicles and characters, including X-wings™, Star Destroyers™, Princess Leia™, and Boba Fett™!
- Master Your Strategy: Use your resources to purchase stronger units and capital ships. Use your attack to destroy your opponent’s base or defeat enemy cards in the galaxy row and gain powerful rewards.
- Use the Force: The Force can tip the game in a player’s favor with the Balance of the Force track. Move the Force to your side of the Balance of the Force track to unlock powerful abilities while the Force is with you.
- Win the War: Players must attack and destroy three of their opponent’s bases to win. After your starting base is destroyed, each base you choose has a special ability, adding another layer of strategy. Choose from 10 different bases, like the ship-destroying Death Star™ or the recruiting hub of Mon Cala™.
Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game is developed by Fantasy Flight Games in collaboration with Lucasfilm and published by Asmodee. To learn more about Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game and Fantasy Flight Games, visit the game’s website.