Expansive Worlds, a creative division within Avalanche Studios Group and the developers of the immersive hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild, has released The Challenger Update – available for free for all Call of the Wild: The Angler players on Steam for PC, Epic Games Store, and Microsoft Store.
“With The Challenger Update, we really tried to tackle some of the great feedback we’ve been getting from our wonderful community. It also brings some exciting new features, improvements, and fixes to the game,” said Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director at Expansive Worlds. “As a studio that prides itself on collaborating with players, we’re humbled by their support and look forward to continuing to improve and expand Call of the Wild: The Angler.”
- Daily & Weekly Challenges: Put your skills to the test and earn XP by completing periodical challenges. Bragging rights included!
- Local Souvenirs Shop: This new shop is full of unique and quirky items and cosmetic accessories specific to Golden Ridge Reserve.
- Activity Feed: Who caught that massive fish? With the activity feed, you’ll be able to stay up to date with the latest happening in your multiplayer session.
- News Feed: Receive the latest news in-game directly from the development team!
Key Game Improvements:
- Improved transitions between water bodies and improved water tessellation.
- AMD FidelityFX Stochastic Screen Space Reflections (SSSR) added for improved reflections on water surfaces.
- Support added for DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller and DualSense™ Wireless Controller.
- The Apex Connect menus have been overhauled to improve the usability of joining friends, adding friends, and managing friend requests.
- Boats now accurately react to waves, bobbing and rocking with the motion of the water. What’s more, water no longer clips through boats.
- The animation of the fish is now more accurate to reflect the speed of movement.
- The verlet system for fishing line rendering has been revised to provide more accurate states between taught and slack.
- Taylor’s Tackles Store pricing has been refreshed in-line with updated XP earnings for a better sense of progression and clearer differentiation of value between items.
Since its launch on PC on August 31st, 2022, Call of the Wild: The Angler has received six updates addressing more than 150 game issues.
For a full breakdown of the update, please read the patch notes.