Can you feel the call? Call of the Wild: The Angler™, the immersive, genre-defying, open-world fishing game from Expansive Worlds, makers of the hit the Hunter: Call of the Wild™, debuts today on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store and Microsoft Store for $29.99 (save 25% on Steam if you already own the Hunter: Call of the Wild – valid until September 11). Cast off in search of the perfect fishing spot, battle wily freshwater species with a growing collection of customizable gear, or create your own path through the unspoiled wonders of the great outdoors.
“We set out to create a game where players can feel immersed in the wild, where the pine trees, blue water and serene landscape provide a backdrop to memories that will last a lifetime. Every catch needs to be exciting, and the path to get there an adventure. Our team managed to capture an authentic fishing experience, and we can’t wait for people to play,” said Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director at Expansive Worlds.
“I’m extremely proud of the team at Expansive Worlds as they find new ways for our players to explore and connect with nature through our games. The Angler brings our expertise of community-driven gameplay in immersive open worlds to fishing and is a natural progression of theHunter: Call of the Wild. We look forward to continuing to build new and original fishing experiences that our players will discover for years to come,” said Expansive Worlds Managing Director Samuel Peterson.
Welcome to Golden Ridge Reserve – The Angler’s launch map – an idyllic expanse of open wilderness inspired by the raw natural beauty of northwest Wyoming. In this home away from home, you’re free to boat down tranquil waters, explore pristine terrain by off-road vehicle, or roam across sprawling forests and mountain ranges on foot. Share this slice of paradise with friends in online co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players, or claim it all for your own peaceful enjoyment in single-player.
- Explore a Vast Open World: Dive into a living environment full of breathtaking fishing spots at your own leisure. Venture across winding rivers, soaring peaks, inviting outposts, and epic hiking trails by foot, boat, or off-road vehicle. Discover the freedom of fishing through engaging story missions, chase down that one elusive catch, or just relax and get lost off the beaten path.
- Feel the Thrill of Real Fishing: Battle a variety of unique fish species with their own authentic behavior in an accessible fishing experience for all skill levels. Fish will spawn realistically based on water depth, temperature, altitude and more – choose which tackle to use to get their attention, then react to their movements to hook ‘em and reel ‘em in.
- Become a Master Angler: Learn expert fishing techniques and adapt your strategy to land the most challenging catches. Customize your character, complete challenges to earn rewards, and build out your collection of gear with a wide range of rods, reels, floats, hooks, lures, and more.
- Play Solo or With Friends: You’ve never been fishing like this before – explore the great outdoors in online co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players. Share a boat or vehicle with friends and land the perfect catch together, or enjoy paradise on your own in single-player offline.
- An Evolving Stream of New Content: The world of The Angler will continue to grow and keep you coming back for more with regular content updates featuring new game experiences designed in close collaboration with community feedback.
Call of the Wild: The Angler is also in development for a future release on consoles. For more information, visit www.COTWTheAngler.com, and keep up with the latest updates from the game by following the team on Twitter @COTWTheAngler.